Why become a member? ×

Post-It Notes / Usernames in sales pics

ped

Hi guys

I posted a new 'announcement' in the basses for sale forum today to urge people to include a note in their sales pics with their username.

Please try to add this in your new and existing listings, even if you're a trusted member (as nearly everyone on here is) just to normalise the practice for anyone who has just joined. It's just another way to ensure listings can be verified as genuine and it will prevent people using cloned pictures from other sites.

Cheers

ped

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Maybe one of our super artistic types on basschat could make a printable card with the BassChat logo and username printed. Like a trade show name tag / ID / Business card design?

Oh and maybe a QR code to take the reader straight to BassChat / the user?

Edited by Dood
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, ped said:

Hi guys

I posted a new 'announcement' in the basses for sale forum today to urge people to include a note in their sales pics with their username.

Please try to add this in your new and existing listings, even if you're a trusted member (as nearly everyone on here is) just to normalise the practice for anyone who has just joined. It's just another way to ensure listings can be verified as genuine and it will prevent people using cloned pictures from other sites.

Cheers

ped

Would a signature with the user name help? I can re do the images I posted recently, but difficult to re take them. 

6 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh god…I’ll never have enough post it notes 😂😂😂

Pssst, want to buy some post-it notes.  VGC, one careful owner...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

@ped can you direct me to a sale post that uses this?

Surely this is fairly easily faked and conversely the notes can just as easily be removed by people wanting to re-use the photos?

Make a convincing fake one, I'll wait

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

Leo got his Post-It notes right first time.

Although didn't he say that he made his finest Post-It notes later on in his career?

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Show me a photo that uses it, and then challenge accepted.

Not sure I understand, I thought you were making one?

Anyway here's one I posted in the 'announcement' which says about placing it somewhere it can't be cropped out, etc.

Either way, I think a venn diagram of photoshop experts and online bass scammers will have very little overlap, and anything we can do to make it less convenient, the better. 

IMG_9515.jpeg

• Like 9