Why become a member? ×

Post-It Notes / Usernames in sales pics

ped

Even just morally, I think by approving an advert we would be putting ourselves in a tricky position. far better to put the onus on the seller to prove they are genuine and for the buyer to check. Thankfully BC is a nice group where these cases are few and far between, and easily spotted by the members.

• Like 1

Just do your due diligence - this place is not immune from bad actors, cosy and friendly though it is.  Check for a feedback thread, check the person's posting history.  If something feels off, walk away - it's only a bass/amp/whatever.  Report concerns.

BC as an entity should not be held responsible for what a few bad apples do (or try to do).  You need to take personal responsibility for your own online safety.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

so when folk* are like "oh basschats not what it was, it's going to the dogs" ... they're not wrong? 

Yeah, she's forcing me to investigate Impulse Response loaders at the moment. She even makes payments on my account and the gear arrives without me knowing, honest! 🤫

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, ped said:

That's a minefield, because we don't have the capacity to do due diligence that should be the buyer's responsibility. If we allowed an ad that turned out to be a scam, would that be our fault? 

It's pretty standard that a first post on signing up to a forum is checked that it smells of real person interested in the forum.

The main purpose is adding a gateway against spammers but scammers will get weeded out also.

Just now, Downunderwonder said:

It's pretty standard that a first post on signing up to a forum is checked that it smells of real person interested in the forum.

The main purpose is adding a gateway against spammers but scammers will get weeded out also.

Thanks for the advice 👍🏼