Why become a member? ×

Jamaican/Rastafarian colours bass guitar

I would really like a bass guitar with either green, gold and black or green, gold and red colours. I have been searching the internet but can not seem to find one in these colours. Does anyone know of a company that makes them, or can point me in the right direction?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bass Novice said:

I would really like a bass guitar with either green, gold and black or green, gold and red colours. I have been searching the internet but can not seem to find one in these colours. Does anyone know of a company that makes them, or can point me in the right direction?

Afraid not - I would think you may be needing the services of someone handy with a spray gun.

I’m sure someone here may be able to suggest someone. Also have a look here in Gear / Build diaries

for ideas. Good luck! 

@ped's suggestion would nearly suit your colours and as an owner of two Reverends, I can cofirm they are great basses.

Failing that, there are quite a few red and black basses out there with gold hardware; buy one of them and stick a green pick guard on it.

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

This one has come up a few times on a few reggae forums I’ve been on, not sure of the brand and a custom order I think 

IMG_0866.jpeg

That's a Dingwall with a "rastaburst". There's a thread on TalkBass about it, but it looks like all of the pictures are dead. 

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-dingwall-z-1-rastaburst-pics.485759/

On 17/08/2024 at 19:55, Reggaebass said:

Snoop Lion style 

IMG_0855.jpeg

I should send this picture to my dad. He would love it. It would be followed by a phone call about how things was in the 70’s and 80’s for a Rasta. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

I should send this picture to my dad. He would love it. It would be followed by a phone call about how things was in the 70’s and 80’s for a Rasta. 

That would be cool, the 70s and early 80s was the best time for reggae imo, I’m sure he has plenty of good stories 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That would be cool, the 70s and early 80s was the best time for reggae imo, I’m sure he has plenty of good stories 

he has some fascinating stories. As its carnival bank holiday, ill reach out to him. 

• Like 1

Perhaps something like this and add some red knobs: 

Although, for me, THE Reggae Bass look is a slightly knackered Fender Jazz with a sunburst/tobacco burst. e.g.

Aston Barrett: 

image.png.eaf4d62d8d30b9600de6211df364c43a.png

Robbie Shakespeare:

image.png.524214d1645f45e5bfa82b1e1612950e.png

Flabba Holt:

image.png.e731b348526de9caa6c966e5edc453a0.png

.....all of them played all sorts of other Basses too, but that's what I always assume a Reggae Bass to look like.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...