Why become a member? ×

Commision sale shops ?

fleabag

Looking for any shops that will sell gear on commission,  not just basses / guitars. 

Not interested in Ebay / Gumtree / Reverb / FB etc.

Any suggestions , fat string pluckers ?  

Ta

Possibly worth offering gear to Gardiner Holgate auctions.  They do a big guitar deal every 3 months.  One of my basses is in the next sale in September.

www.guitar-auctions.co.uk

If nothing else, browsing their latest catalogue is a nice experience!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I think auction houses charge too much with both seller and buyer paying commission, affects the sale price. Absolute Music will sell on commission.

Gardiner Holgate charge about 25% for the buyer and 15% for the seller, so you finish up with 60% of what the buyer pays.

RWB Music in York, despite giving the impression that never selling nothing to noone never wouldn't really fuss them, sold a Westone Thunder I-A guitar that not only hadn't worked for three decades, but was lacking its entire preamp, promptly and for a astonishingly good price. Maybe flogging nonsense to dreamers is their party piece, maybe they're wizards, but they've sold everything I've ever asked them to. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

Gardiner Holgate charge about 25% for the buyer and 15% for the seller, so you finish up with 60% of what the buyer pays.

I think that's wrong. What actually happens is the buyer pays the sale price plus 25% which goes to the auction house, and then the auction house also takes a 15% cut on the sale price. You end up with 85% of the sale price.

• Like 1

Just now, BigRedX said:

I think that's wrong. What actually happens is the buyer pays the sale price plus 25% which goes to the auction house, and then the auction house also takes a 15% cut on the sale price. You end up with 85% of the sale price.

Yep. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Munurmunuh said:

RWB Music in York, despite giving the impression that never selling nothing to noone never wouldn't really fuss them, sold a Westone Thunder I-A guitar that not only hadn't worked for three decades, but was lacking its entire preamp, promptly and for a astonishingly good price. Maybe flogging nonsense to dreamers is their party piece, maybe they're wizards, but they've sold everything I've ever asked them to. 

That's interesting. I live at Kirkbymoorside but haven't thought about RWB before.

31 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Ah yes, sorry, that's what happens. Memory fading (and I only bought some stuff from there a few months ago). But the seller still finishes up with 60% of what the buyer pays (in total), rather than 60% of the sale price.