Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Jabba Mini Bass - 23.5” scale - one last bump - *SOLD*
£515
Manchester

three

One last bump, I’ll be taking this down tomorrow (Sunday first September) - just let me know if there’s any interest

A beautiful 23 inch scale mini Bass, superbly handcrafted by Basschat’s own Jabba_the_Gut. I bought this from Owen around a year ago. Quality of woodworking on this is genuinely up there with the very best of UK Bass building – and I speak from a position of some experience (my purchasing behaviour is ridiculous). The bass tunes as a standard instrument. It plays incredibly well and is an awful lot of fun. It is also a serious bass and very gigable and recordable.  Of course, it’s extremely light, though I don’t have an accurate weight. 

i’d love to hang on to this but I just find that I gravitate to ordinary short scales almost all of the time. 

The bass is supplied with three sets of used strings and a brand new set of custom made Newtone strings. There are lots of different gauges to play around with, though the super light 30 to 90 strings that are on it now were a mistake. They don’t intonate very well given the scale length. In conversation with Jaba, he indicated that medium or heavier gauge is better.

The bass is active (I don’t know what the circuit is) with bass and treble stacked controls. The pick up is an EMG soap bar.  Condition is perfect, apart from on hairline mark on the back – I couldn’t capture this in the photographs. The bass comes with adjustment tools and a Warwick rockbag. I can ship in the UK at the buyer’s cost and risk. I paid £585 for this including the new strings. The price at £515 is firm and not looking for trades thanks (unless you have a villa and land in Portugal with mature olive, fig and pomegranate trees).

Apologies for the possibly wonky text and poor photographs here. Contractors in my garden ripped out the broadband on Saturday morning so I’m working on an iPhone.

Any questions, please just ask

IMG_7263.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7266.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7269.jpeg

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 18

47 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Groovy ! 
I like that the jack socket is on the front , rather than on the bottom . Ideal for sitting down and recording etc 

are the strings hard to come by , or standard headless size ?

Thanks very much for this - I know that Owen had some strings custom made (at 23.5" scale) by Newtone - I'm including a set in the sale.  I think that the other sets have just been cut down from long scale (given the string retainer arrangement, this seems perfectly possible).  Indeed, all the other sets included in the sale seem to have started life as long-scale.  I hope this helps

• Thanks 1

• three changed the title to Jabba Mini Bass - 23.5” scale
Posted (edited)

In response to some enquiries, a few further details re: the Jabba headless:

nut width (zero fret): 39mm

string spacing (c-c at bridge): 17.5-18mm

overall length: 27 and 7/8" (706mm)

position markers are small dots on the side of the fretboard

The Rockbag is designed to take headless-type Steinberger basses and is a good fit for the Jabba - with a bit of room left at the top of the bag

Edited by three
  • Like 1

• three changed the title to Sold - On Hold - Jabba Mini Bass - 23.5” scale - one last bump