Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Shuker Jazz Bass - Gold - one last bump - *SOLD*
£950
Manchester

three

One last bump – I’ll be withdrawing this tomorrow, Sunday 1st September if there’s no interest. 

This is a 2011 high spec build.  The gold finish is lovely in the flesh - condition is extremely good with just a couple of very minor impressions on edges (though these are difficult to capture in the images - they really are small).  Main specs are:

Five piece neck (maple with pinstripes)

Rosewood board with abalone dots and Lakland type flare at the brass nut 

34” scale 

Kent Armstrong custom humbucker at the bridge

Nordstrand Jazz at the neck I’m told (though the pickup cover looks like a Fender??)

J-retro Deluxe active circuit

Hipshot A-style bridge in chrome

Gold(ish) pearl scratchplate - quite unusual and not particularly aesthetically pleasing in my view - I think parchment of tort would be preferable - probably the only thing I’d change on the bass!

Body - ‘don’t know but possibly ash? - very nicely contoured

Weight 4.3kg

Shuker branded Hiscox case (excellent condition with a couple of scuffs) 

I may be able to ship in the UK (I think I have a box) - shipping at the buyer’s risk and cost. Collection in Manchester is also goodl.  I have around £1050 in the bass so think £950 is pretty reasonable.  It’s a full custom super-jazz - as you’d expect from Jon, playability is wonderful.  The action is low with d’Addario medium super steels.  It’s another bass that I’d love to keep but just don’t use - it’s short-scale only for me 

Any questions, please just ask

IMG_7275.jpeg

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7277.jpeg

IMG_7278.jpeg

IMG_7279.jpeg

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

IMG_7282.jpeg

IMG_7284.jpeg

IMG_7283.jpeg

IMG_7285.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 21

Oooh ,that's a beauty! Always regretted selling my Olympic white Shuker jazz, that thing was one of the best sounding basses I've owned. If I suddenly fall into some money, I'll  be sending a DM, but until then GLWTS. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petecarlton said:

Absolute bargain.  Are you up for trades?

Thanks very much! Sorry, I really need to move some gear so can’t take trades - I have far more gear than I can realistically use (or store!)

• Thanks 1

• three changed the title to Shuker Jazz Bass - Gold - one last bump
  • three changed the title to On Hold - Shuker Jazz Bass - Gold - one last bump
On 31/08/2024 at 23:10, MarkBuffaloStokes said:

Standard 1.5” jazz nut width?

Thanks, it is, a lovely hand-crafted brass nut.  If all goes to plan, I’ll be delivering this to its new owner today

• three changed the title to Sold - On Hold - Shuker Jazz Bass - Gold - one last bump