Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yes, another Precision

Lozz196

Have been on the lookout for a while for a Fender US Standard 2013-16 Precision in Olympic White with maple neck, weighing less than 4kg. I’ve found recently that on brightly lit stages I can’t see where I am on a rosewood fretboard. Having a bad back basses under 4kg are my limit and for some reason even though I’ve arthritis in my left thumb playing a big fat neck doesn’t cause me pain. I’d decided to seek one out as Precisions are my fave basses so I’m going to play them until I physically can’t anymore. This one, a 2014 turned up so I bought it. Has a set of 45-100 Chromes on it and they sound & play really nice. 

IMG_4545.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 44

13 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I've had larger side markers fitted to some of my Precisions, and Luminlay markers added to others for the same reason. 

I don't get on with maple boards unhappily. 

What colour did you go for Steve, light in the rosewood top or black in the maple of the neck? This probably where I`ll end up once I have to drop the Precisions.

I did consider those, but didn't know how long the 'stick' would last. I do have other basses that I use that would benefit. I guess the oldies could have those, so they can be removed when necessary.

Edited by Steve Browning

21 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Have been on the lookout for a while for a Fender US Standard 2013-16 Precision in Olympic White with maple neck, weighing less than 4kg. I’ve found recently that on brightly lit stages I can’t see where I am on a rosewood fretboard. Having a bad back basses under 4kg are my limit and for some reason even though I’ve arthritis in my left thumb playing a big fat neck doesn’t cause me pain. I’d decided to seek one out as Precisions are my fave basses so I’m going to play them until I physically can’t anymore. This one, a 2014 turned up so I bought it. Has a set of 45-100 Chromes on it and they sound & play really nice. 

IMG_4545.jpeg

Lovely bass Lozz I have a 2014 Am.Std Precision from new and even though, I don't play it much as I should at 8lb 4oz it's staying. Though I did do a double take when I saw yours exactly the same even down to the Finger rest, that my friend gave me of his '78 Jazz Bass so I have a little piece of Fullerton on my bass.

20240821_163437.thumb.jpg.53082881f7fc1ef2d68bf7ab119b8b50.jpg

• Like 1