Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA BBP34 MIDNIGHT BLUE PRO SERIES MADE IN JAPAN - SALE/TRADES - *SOLD*
£1000
EH111RF

YAMAHA BBP34 MIDNIGHT BLUE PRO SERIES MADE IN JAPAN - TRADES

I got a BBP34 this year and was so impressed I ended up buying two ( I do prefer the sunburst though only slightly ) - one for flats one for wounds. I will always have one in the stable as I believe they are the one of the finest traditional sounding basses ive played but having two is maybe a bit excessive.

Used it only for studio work; no dents on the body some signs of use though and a small nick on headstock (pictured) perfectly balanced with I.R.A. treated wood. build quality is second to none and overall precision is next or higher than Fender custom shop/ new special musicman etc which you can see when you closely inspect it. These have a really hefty retail; and don't come up for sale much. dual action truss rod that is really easy to dial in and makes achieving perfect flatness with no fuss (used labella heavy and ultralights elixirs on this and setting the neck was insanely easy and quick) 

So i'm considering letting this go in favour for a trade and see if there's anything out there to expand the collection. 

Trades: of equal or higher value (I have cash to add if needed) show me what you got, wouldn't mind something modern, fretless or even a bit wacky.

Comes with the premium Yamaha mega case and with all manuals, ownership certificate and tools et. 

IMG_8777.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8778 copy.jpg

IMG_8779 copy.jpg

IMG_8780 copy.jpg

IMG_8781 copy.jpg

IMG_8784 copy.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8788.jpg

IMG_8791 copy.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

IMG_8793-2.jpg

IMG_8784.psd

Edited by Robert Manning
  • Like 12

• Robert Manning changed the title to YAMAHA BBP34 MIDNIGHT BLUE PRO SERIES MADE IN JAPAN - SALE/TRADES

What is the nut width on these? I'd never heard of these basses before seeing Vincen Garcia play one and I absolutely love the tones he gets from them, the neck profile appears to be wider than a Jazz bass but the Yamaha site doesn't provide much details on the neck profile. 

1 hour ago, chuck_stones said:

What is the nut width on these? I'd never heard of these basses before seeing Vincen Garcia play one and I absolutely love the tones he gets from them, the neck profile appears to be wider than a Jazz bass but the Yamaha site doesn't provide much details on the neck profile. 

Hey,

Yes thanks @Munurmunuh posting specs. 

it’s a modernised profile compared to the  older BB’s apparently

also yeah Vincent Garcia absolutely smashing it on his BBp34 😀

Hey guys! 

weighed on my cheapo middle-of-discount super market- luggage scales and the readings are from 3.7kg to 3.9kg 

so really just average but lighter than my fender jazz basses and old stingray. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great tone and lovely playing Robert.👏👏 I used to have a sunburst one of these and really regret selling it. Awesome basses. I’m guessing you like listening to groove bass players? 

• Thanks 1

• Robert Manning changed the title to *SOLD* YAMAHA BBP34 MIDNIGHT BLUE PRO SERIES MADE IN JAPAN - SALE/TRADES