Why become a member? ×

NWD - Joyo JW-06

So, I've used the Lekato 5.8GHz wireless bugs for a few years without a hitch.

I am a bit of a fat handed tw@t though, and one of the somewhat delicate little usb charging plugs has fallen foul of my clumsiness.

It's hard wired to the board inside and my skills are insufficient.

Compress_20240820_213020_0989.thumb.jpg.03f167bc6474a3106424d05a19202f26.jpg

Yep. That's gone I'm afraid.

The king is dead, long live the Joyo!

Compress_20240820_212529_9779.thumb.jpg.743a60691eb87ab1ae6b3916c1539a3a.jpg

Joyo is a brand I've never had cause to question. They make really great pedals, and the Badass bass amp is a hidden gem. I never had any doubt this would be a solid product.

The same thing is available under the Lekato name but I got a good deal on this. 

So what's good about it? Well 5.8 is always preferable right? The bugs are petit. They last for 4 or 5 hours. Unlike certain big name brands, they do not drop out. Oh and the charging system is brilliant. 

A USB C socket on the box fills it up with juice while simultaneously charging the bugs. Once it's full, disconnect and bung the whole thing in your gig bag, box, or whatever you use. The box will then fully charge the bugs twice more without needing to plug into the mains. Just push them into their slots and wait for the lights to go out. What could be simpler?

Down side? The bugs are fixed, they don't swivel. Fine for face mounting, but they don't sit flush on a bass with side mounted jack sockets. 

More than happy with my upgrade.

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Xvive U2 wireless for a few years now and the battery packs are beginning to fade; they used to be perfectly happy to play 3-set gigs on consecutive nights without charging, now they struggle to reach the end of a single 3-set gig. Given how (relatively) expensive they are, I'm not happy and I won't be replacing like with like.

My Joyo JW-3 bugs cost just a third of the Xvive price (at the time I bought them - I see they're a fair bit dearer these days) and have delivered a very similar perfomance level to the Xvive U2.

I like the look of that charging-case system a lot. I play two gigs most weekends, sometimes three (hell, occasionally four), so having the bugs starting to recharge the second I put them in the case at the end of the gig works for me.

Amazon today have a better deal on the Lekato equivalent so I've ordered one of those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

I've been using Xvive U2 wireless for a few years now and the battery packs are beginning to fade; they used to be perfectly happy to play 3-set gigs on consecutive nights without charging, now they struggle to reach the end of a single 3-set gig. Given how (relatively) expensive they are, I'm not happy and I won't be replacing like with like.

My Joyo JW-3 bugs cost just a third of the Xvive price (at the time I bought them - I see they're a fair bit dearer these days) and have delivered a very similar perfomance level to the Xvive U2.

I like the look of that charging-case system a lot. I play two gigs most weekends, sometimes three (hell, occasionally four), so having the bugs starting to recharge the second I put them in the case at the end of the gig works for me.

Amazon today have a better deal on the Lekato equivalent so I've ordered one of those.

Just finished my third gig with them (each time 2 hours plus, continuous) and the recharge pack has dropped just one bar.

Very pleased. 

On 20/08/2024 at 21:40, stewblack said:

...bit of a fat handed tw@t...

Coincidentally, this is also the title of my forthcoming autobiography which will be hitting the shops shortly.

• Haha 3