Why become a member? ×

Slipping strap

Hey all, 

Bass straps started to slip a bit. Any tips or tricks to keep it locked in place? 

Or any decent recommendations that won't break the bank!?  This is what I'm currently using. 

IMG_20240820_224635.jpg

Switch to Double Bass ;) 

As Ped asks - is the strap slipping on your shoulder, or is the buckle slipping?
@ezbass has a fix for the latter. I think if I used velcro on the underside of the strap, I would get annoyed if it attached itself to my shirt. lol

I’ve always used all-suede straps on all my basses as it sticks to your clothes and never slips. Also can help with neck dive. Levy’s used to make some great ones. 

Edited by simonlittle
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ped said:

Do you mean the length adjustment buckle is slipping, or the whole strap is slipping on your shoulder?

Hi mate. Sorry should of been more specific. Yeah like the whole strap moves on my shoulder like neck dive

9 hours ago, simonlittle said:

I’ve always used all-suede straps on all my basses as it sticks to your clothes and never slips. Also can help with neck dive. Levy’s used to make some great ones. 

Thanks. Will check them out

27 minutes ago, beanydc said:

Hi mate. Sorry should of been more specific. Yeah like the whole strap moves on my shoulder like neck dive

As others have said, suede backed for the win.

• Like 1

You could get some suede and stick it to the underside of the strap, seeing as that is (I think) a wide padded strap. I have a similar Lekato strap - I don't have any neck-divey basses that I use standing but I checked the strap and the neoprene/memory foam is a bit slippier than I imagined it would be.

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

You could get some suede and stick it to the underside of the strap, seeing as that is (I think) a wide padded strap. I have a similar Lekato strap - I don't have any neck-divey basses that I use standing but I checked the strap and the neoprene/memory foam is a bit slippier than I imagined it would be.

Yeah its really slippy to be fair. That's true il see if I can source some. Prob be easier to get a new strap mind for the faff 😂

A thumbs up for Leathergraft from me as well. They are not expensive but are very good quality and very easy to deal with (they even made a shorter length ladder section for me for only a few extra quid).

I had suede on the underside of my straps but I went back to leather smooth both sides and it stops your shirt being pulled about which looks goofy on stage !!

Levys straps with leather both sides don’t slip as much as some but are not grippy like suede