Why become a member? ×

Now £1200 Sandberg TM4 Blackburst 2006
£1350
London SE15

simonlittle

I’m probably going to regret this, but I think it’s time to let this one go. 
This is the first Sandberg bass I bought. It was my main bass for a good few years and I did at least two tours with The Divine Comedy on it.
It’s a TM4 in a gorgeous blackburst finish, and it’s one of the original jazz bass-style shapes from 2006, before they changed to the current design. 
It has a pau ferro fingerboard with no inlays, Delano pickups and the original preamp. Comes with the original Sandberg gig bag which is looking a bit tatty on the front (🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛) but is still perfectly serviceable. 
It sounds absolutely glorious and plays like butter. I usually played it in passive mode but the active preamp is excellent.

There is a scratch on the back which you can see in the photos and a little tiny dent in the back of the neck which was never an issue. Apart from that it’s in fantastic condition for an 18 year old bass. 
The one downside is the weight. It’s pretty hefty. My luggage scales bring it somewhere between 4.75-5kg. Unfortunately my back doesn’t agree with me playing long shows with this bass anymore. My number one bass nowadays is a masterpiece aged TM4 that I had built for me a few years ago and that bass essentially usurped this one when it arrived so sadly it isn’t getting played anymore. 
You can hear/watch this bass in action! We did a very strange gig on French TV back in 2019 where we played the whole of the (then) new album Office Politics in an office. The bass comes though great in the recording…

Not looking for any trades, unless you have a Jad Freer Capo…
Collection from Peckham SE15 is preferred so you can try it out. Could also meet up somewhere in London if that helps. I don’t fancy posting it I’m afraid. 

Cheers! 
Simon

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg