Why become a member? ×

Botox and Fillers (would you) audition related

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Bizarrely enough I had a leaflet through the door this week saying I could still have good sex at 67.

Which was nice.

Because I live at no.78 so I won't have far to walk afterwards.

image.png.5e073028da48b8126337a90a13db6fad.png

Boom Boom :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a very interesting topic . 

I look on this from a background of mainly heavy metal / head banging gigs over the years..

For example , a friend and I were at a Diamond Head gig at the Borderline back n the mid '90s.

My friend says " there's Glenn Hughes " . Yes the super talented bassist/ vocalist/ druggie .

He is smaller than us , and all I saw was a fairly unkempt guy with a large bald patch on the top of his head .

We saw him play a few gigs headlining and supporting other bands and him and his band rocked.

Looked the ultimate aging rock star from a distance ...but we know what he looks like in real life .

Then of course there's Ozzy Ozbourne . I've seen pics of him recently without the makeup and tbh he looks more like Donald trump.

There is a minorish guitar god , Michael Angelo Batio who still seems to have a full head of jet black hair .

He's getting on a bit , but the hair dye seems to suit him . You can tell he's getting on facially though .

Then there's Alice Cooper . Not sure what he looks like without the makeup,, but he looks fine imho . A bit like Colleen Nolan .

The trouble with Botox ( allegedly ) , is that if you start doing it, you have to keep it up. 

The trouble I find with us ordinary folk , is that  the bags below the eyes resembling more baggage than Heathrow Airport is the worst about ageing facially . 

Good luck to you if you can pull it off . 

12 hours ago, Skybone said:

Surely the best tweakment to have before an audition is to prepare and have a positive attitude.

Or is that just me showing my age? 

my God, I am preparing so hard for this. I'm up at 5.30am today, and I think I've nailed the first verse lyrics

I have 2 songs to learn and routines too.

I know the songs but some of the words, the way they meter and fit together. Very well written songs.

There's no room for the words on an ipad here. They must be learnt well. 

Still quite bruised from the fillers😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, police squad said:

my God, I am preparing so hard for this. I'm up at 5.30am today, and I think I've nailed the first verse lyrics

I know the songs but some of the words, the way they meter and fit together. Very well written songs.

Routines? You joining Take That?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, police squad said:

With the amount of work you’re putting in I really hope you get this

• Like 2

On 23/08/2024 at 12:43, Happy Jack said:

Bizarrely enough I had a leaflet through the door this week saying I could still have good sex at 67.

Which was nice.

Because I live at no.78 so I won't have far to walk afterwards.

Q: What's the quickest way to turn an ordinary sofa into a sofa-bed?

A: Say something like this on a forum of which your missus is a moderator. :lol:

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 11

Hope you get this job, your passion for it comes across and you're clearly leaving no stone unturned! 

Personally, no... I'm quite against most forms of artificial cosmetic enhancement to be honest. I've got grey/ white hair in my beard and my head hair is getting thinner and lesser daily. I am content to grow old disgracefully, I am happy with a craggy face and a few years back my wife gave up trying to persuade me to buy mens moisturiser. If a band wanted me to dye my hair or even just wear something I wasn't comfortable with I think I'd politely decline. If I felt I wouldn't fit in with a band unless I did x, y, z that I wasn't sure about then I'd probably ask them. When joining my current band, the desert penguins, I noticed the guitarists had black and white guitars, I asked if it was deliberate to have penguin coloured guitars... Luckily they said they'd never meant for it and never noticed, so I was ok using my natural wood stingray.

• Like 2

The fillers don't dissolve, they just spread out and migrate round the face.

It's a no for me. Especailly if it's going to be required on a regular basis. 

I like the idea of coloured contact lenses, but my eyes are a fairly unique colour anyway. 

Good luck with the gig, epically after going the extra mile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonno1981 said:

Does Botox come in barrels? I’d need industrial quantities!

Not for all the brown m&ms in the world.

I took the tiger out with a can of mace…but the shop keeper and his son…that was a different story altogether…

I had to beat them to death with their own shoes…

• Haha 3

I'm fed up of being treated like a sex object. Watch the fingers, not the face! 😁

Seriously though, it's not something I'd consider doing. Take me as you find me, or leave me there. I don't even have a tattoo and stopped wearing an earring 30 years ago

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I wore a balaclava and sunglasses I might be able to get away with knocking a few years off my age, but I'd come unstuck with the "routines". I'd fall flat on my face within 2 steps.

5 hours ago, chris_b said:

If I wore a balaclava and sunglasses I might be able to get away with knocking a few years off my age, but I'd come unstuck with the "routines". I'd fall flat on my face within 2 steps.

I think Gary Barlowe can dance better than me!!

It's exhausting!!  should get the extra weight off though. 2 hours yesterday, still can't quite remember the words but the routine is starting to come together!!

• Like 3

What hair I've got left is grey, mostly white, and my face definitely looks shall we say lived in. I still wear a small ring in my ear and am considering my first tattoo, but cosmetic treatments are not something I'd ever consider. But I'd never tell anyone else not to, so if you think it's for you and it'll help, go for it. Good luck with the audition! 🤞🏻

On 23/08/2024 at 13:07, Jackroadkill said:

who cares what the bass player looked like anyway?!

... although you've got to admit that jack has a point :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, police squad said:

I think Gary Barlowe can dance better than me!!

It's exhausting!!  should get the extra weight off though. 2 hours yesterday, still can't quite remember the words but the routine is starting to come together!!

These days Ken Barlow can dance better than me . Well done for persisting . Hope it all goes well , and it pays off .

• Haha 2

On 23/08/2024 at 08:03, police squad said:

Here's one for you.

Would anyone here go down the these routes to make themselves look a bit better, less haggered, younger.................whatever

I have always said no, this is what I look like (pretty good for 56 years old, if I do say so myself)

But I have an audition coming up in a few weeks (with a fairly well known group) and have decided to pull out all the stops, in a hope that I get the gig.

So I took the plunge, with the help of Mrs PS and her cosmetic genius at a place in Chistlehurst

come on then.......................spill the beans

No. A flat no.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 03:38, Happy Jack said:

In similar vein, if you con a bunch of 30-year-olds into accepting a 50-year-old as a band member, how long will it be before (a) the deception is discovered, or (b) you realise how little you actually have in common with those youngsters ... they grew up listening to different music, watching different TV shows, wearing different fashions.

I could go all over the place with this one. I'm 70 and all my bandmates are in their 30s.

I never mention or bring up anything relative to my generation. 

I figure at 70 and you can get a woman in her 30s to come within 5 feet of you you're doing good. Lol

Daryl

IMG_20240814_033330~4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

A work mates wife does botox and fillers etc and occasionally forces it upon him. To be honest, I think it looks very unnatural. Instead of looking like the healthy 50 year old man he is, he looks like a desperate attempt to look younger 

• Like 1