Why become a member? ×

Botox and Fillers (would you) audition related

10 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

Absolutely not. If I was ever hung up enough on my appearance to want to use surgery to change it, I would think that the problem lies elsewhere with me. You often see people who have had surgery where further down the line, they look far worse than if they'd not had it at all when they were younger.

botox isnt surgery though is it. (or is it lol)

14 hours ago, TimR said:

Currently the estimate to fix my million dollar smile is £5k. Having spent nearly £5k already over the last 15 years I'm considering letting everything fall out and starting again from scratch with a holiday to Turkey...

Just concerned over the unnatural shade of white I've seen.

I meant that a genuine smile is from the eyes and face. 

Teeth? I could definitely pass the audition for a Pogues tribute band. Still got my fronties though thankfully 🤓

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TimR said:

It's always been the case. Men used to wear dresses pantaloons 

and pink.

The current fads are a result of people not getting attention from their parents, this is technically classed as neglect, and is going to have far reaching consequences. The iPad generation, where whole families sit on devices.  Gen-X got loads of attention but it was a different kind. A healthy mix of letting kids play outside until dark and severe punishment if they weren't back in time for tea.

So now we have a "look at me" generation doing more outlandish things to gain attention.

Plus of course , it's "parent " these days . The nuclear family is " so last century ". Only imho of course 🙂

14 hours ago, chris_b said:

. . . . and fighting Swiss chocolate, too!!

Just watching the news, Swiss scientists have developed sugarless chocolate. Equates to me being one happy bunny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My view is that if you want to and it makes you feel more confident (not necessarily younger looking) then go for it. 

You clearly want the gig so I wish you the very best of luck.

I'd love to hear how it went. 

• Like 2

It's depressing that musicians (or anyone else, for that matter) would feel the pressure to even contemplate having something as idiotic and potentially harmful as Botox injected into their bodies. And it's even sadder that, under the wrong circumstances, I would probably consider it myself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just watching the news, Swiss scientists have developed sugarless chocolate. Equates to me being one happy bunny.

Careful! Read the small print on products claiming to be sugar free "excessive consumption may result in laxative effects" 😬

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Careful! Read the small print on products claiming to be sugar free "excessive consumption may result in laxative effects" 😬

That might be a risk worth taking. Depends on the taste of the chocolate.

2 hours ago, rOB said:

My view is that if you want to and it makes you feel more confident (not necessarily younger looking) then go for it. 

You clearly want the gig so I wish you the very best of luck.

I'd love to hear how it went. 

yes I do want the gig. I'll let everyone know if I get it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Currently the only chocolate I eat is 100% cocoa dark chocolate, nothing added. The nutritional info shows only 2.7g of sugar per 100g.

10 minutes ago, Jackroadkill said:

I have to say I'm heavily invested in this.  Sad, I know, but I keep logging on in the hope that there's an update!

audition is in a couple of weeks, then I'm away in Italy to see my mum. I'm so hoping to hear when I'm with my mum.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, peteb said:

I don't think that the OP is trying to cling on to his youth or whatever the normal motive is for guys going down the botox / fillers path, just trying to get through an audition and look the part in promo photos, etc. 

Although I wouldn't 100% rule it out, I don't think that I would do it. I reckon that I don't look too bad for my age (early 60s), but the (almost) six pack is a distant memory and while I still have longish hair, it is a bit thinner in places. While dying my hair or getting more ink would be OK, but I'm not keen on fillers, etc. I know a couple out in Spain who do this as a matter of course and she kinda looks like a cartoon of a pretty girl, while the (older) guy looks alright but still has that slightly surprised look all of the time. 

I have made a conscious effort to start getting gigs in slightly different genres as I've got older. I can still look reasonably cool onstage in a blues band, but I'm not so sure that I can carry off the leather trousers or whatever I used to wear in a straight up hard rock act these days! 

I look the best I can for a 70 year old.

Daryl

4 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Ok, well that explains the 40 minutes of chocolate rain. Lol

Daryl

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jackroadkill said:

I have to say I'm heavily invested in this.  Sad, I know, but I keep logging on in the hope that there's an update!

Me too.

1 hour ago, police squad said:

audition is in a couple of weeks, then I'm away in Italy to see my mum. I'm so hoping to hear when I'm with my mum.

:( 

45 minutes ago, Jackroadkill said:

Blimey, not sure I can wait that long!

+ many. 

• Like 4

Each to their own, your body, you do what you want.

My personal view, is not everybody has the privilege of growing old - so I'm planning on wearing ever sag and sign of ageing with pride! (assuming I'm not sporting that many at the moment!)

OP - I do hope you get the audition though - although I do hope for the sake of humanity it's not down to the botox and fillers!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, police squad said:

I'm sure Noel and Liam will let you know straight away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Each to their own, your body, you do what you want.

My personal view, is not everybody has the privilege of growing old - so I'm planning on wearing ever sag and sign of ageing with pride! (assuming I'm not sporting that many at the moment!)

OP - I do hope you get the audition though - although I do hope for the sake of humanity it's not down to the botox and fillers!

agreed, old age is a privilege (I lost my brother before he was 50) and I'm looking forward to it.

I hope I get the gig on merit and not just being the 'best of a bad bunch' (I'm working on a song called that lol)

• Like 1