Why become a member? ×

Status Stealth 4
£3200
Cardiff, South Wales

Very reluctantly, my Status Stealth 4 string is up for sale.

All graphite body and neck - this really is peak Status. If you catch it in the light, you can see the amber woven in and it looks incredible. Born in the mid-late 90s, it's in excellent condition and has been a case queen for most of its life. I've gigged it once and it was fantastic - everything I ever wanted it to be. Of course it can do the whole slap thing, but it's much more than that; much deeper and more soulful, and so consistent. I don't think it's ever needed tuning in my ownership and the neck profile is something special. There are some small surface scratches on the body but honestly it looks 2 years old, not 25 or so. It's still got the plastic wrapping on the back of the rear compartment! 2 band EQ, Hyperactive pickups, 18v preamp and set up to perfection. 

Comes with the branded Status case, the original case candy (including Allen keys) and even the original registration documentation for the warranty. It also comes with a thick, chunky genuine Status strap which supports it beautifully and was almost harder to find than the bass itself.

Bought from BassBros and apparently was owned at one time by VMan from Slipknot, though I can't prove this and to be honest, I think most Status' have slipped through his ownership at some point! When in BassBros, I tried a couple of Alembics and a Wal on the same day, and this played 10x better. It felt like it had come from the future.

In terms of trades, I'd love MusicMan Stingray 5 (single humbucker) plus cash my way. Try me for other trades - a cheaper bass plus cash could be considered. Cash offers considered as well. 

The proceeds from this are going towards a house deposit. In a few years, I'll hopefully buy another proper all graphite Status, but with the way prices are skyrocketing, who knows how much they'll cost by then. 

Based just North of Cardiff, South Wales. Not looking to ship unless it's arranged by the buyer - same goes for overseas shipping. Happy to work with you on that. Happy to meet up or welcome to try it here. 

Any questions, please don't hesitate. 

Sam

Front.jpg

Body in light 2.jpg

back in light.jpg

Neck in light.jpg

Headstock in light.jpg

Back.jpg

Case and Candy.jpg

Full shot .jpg

Edited by SamPlaysBass
Photos