Why become a member? ×

MusicMan StingRay 5 HH - *SOLD*
£1695
Cardiff

Here is my MusicMan StingRay 5 HH for sale.

I took this bass in a trade a year or so ago and it has been my go-to session bass. It's a 2013 model in a super deep Blue Pearl with the black pick guard and maple neck. Setup perfectly with Rotosound Stainless Steel 5s (not as bright as you imagine!) and comes with the MusicMan Hardcase as well.  Condition is a solid 8.5-9/10 - only a few swirl marks around the volume knob and under the G string on the pick guard.

A genuine contender for most versatile / best function bass ever created (looking at you, G&L L2000!), this has the 5 way coil selector switch which offers a fantastic plethora of sounds. This thing shines in the studio - so many options from fat and vintage to out-and-out scooped StingRay. The quality is amazing and I think the QC on MusicMan Basses is yet to be surpassed by another decently sized manufacturer. Sounds incredible, feels incredible, and frankly, is incredible. 

I've loved gigging this bass and my reasons for sale are extremely petty. Firstly, as I've grown up with single pickup StingRays, my sound and technique is better suited to a single pickup StingRay. Secondly, it clashes with the green kit of the wedding band I play in (blue and green should never be seen etc...). Like I said, petty.

On the other hand, if you have a black or white single humbucker StingRay 5 Special (the newer 18 volt one), I'd be happy to do a deal. 

Based just North of Cardiff, South Wales. Most welcome to try it here or willing to meet. Not willing to post or ship - if you want to arrange shipping, I'm happy to work with you.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sam

Stingrayfront.thumb.jpg.36183cbe54035ca785973c9e3c3d6860.jpgStingraybody2.thumb.jpg.8aa5afaa6dcb082e40f683561f4ae7b4.jpg

Stingray back.jpg

Stingray Headstock.jpg

Stingray body light.jpg

Edited by SamPlaysBass
  • Like 7

• SamPlaysBass changed the title to SOLD - MusicMan StingRay 5 HH