Why become a member? ×

OLP Tony Levin 5 String (with Stinger Pre) and case £225 collected.Trade options - *WITHDRAWN*
£250
Bath

oldslapper

Got this out for a play and decided to keep it. It’s a finger funk fiend.

Lovely Tony Levin 5’er.

£225 collected

£250 posted

It came with 3 band Audere preamp fitted, but I didn’t get on with that, so fitted a 3 band Nordstrand which, lovely though it was, didn’t float my lightbulbs. 
Finally bought a 2 band Retrovibe Stinger directly from David, I paid him to fit it for me as he’s only down the road, he did a top job of course and the Stinger gave me the sound that was in my head. 

It has the side jack still in place if you fancy returning it to a 3 band pre.

I wasn’t keen on the original mother of pearl look scratchplate, so I removed it (binned it too I think). Unfortunately replacement scratchplates are as rare as a guitarist turning down a solo, so @TimAl made me a new one through his Gig.Ink service. I preferred the plain black against the 70’s Orange.

Anyway, the Stinger makes this a wonderful beast of a 70’s Ray. 

I did buy a SD MM pickup, but the string spacing is narrower on these, so I stuck with the original (which is great, now the Stinger is in).

Lovely condition, I’ve taken it out the house on 3 occasions since buying off @vmaxblues and played it once at a recording session that wanted some disco and “slap”. I will do anything for money, even that…engineer nearly soiled himself when I slightly boosted the low end. 

It has Schaller type strap locks and I’ll include a new leather strap with matching locks. 
Comes with a choice of cases, a stiff gig bag type case that is in great nick and loads of pockets, or a hard case that is as basic as can be and is a little tired around the edges but does a sterling job. 

I’m currently recovering from surgery and won’t be driving for a week or two, but am able to hand over in person if you visit Slapper towers. 
£225 seems a decent price for a nice 5’er. 
Might be up for a trade for an acoustic guitar (Steel or Nylon string) or old MacBook I can run Logic on. 

When I’m back on my feet and driving I’ll be happy to meet up, or arrange postage for an additional £25, but again once I’m able to get some packing materials and box. 
cheers

John 

IMG_3859.jpeg

Edited by oldslapper
  • Like 12

• oldslapper changed the title to OLP Tony Levin 5 String (with Stinger Pre) and case £250

I think the only way to guarantee that our photos can't be hijacked is to include a post-it note in every photo stating the bass is only for sale on Basschat, and no other marketplace. Otherwise, the frauds can just select the photos without. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

I think the only way to guarantee that our photos can't be hijacked is to include a post-it note in every photo stating the bass is only for sale on Basschat, and no other marketplace. Otherwise, the frauds can just select the photos without. 

You’re probably right. 

15 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Apologies Mr slapper have an anti scam bump. Nice bass by the way. 

A watermark on each picture is the was to go. Irfanview (pc) can do it with over multiple images and is free.

There would probably be something similar for phones. Ideally an option to overlay your username on upload to the website, not sure if such a thing exists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• oldslapper changed the title to Withdrawn OLP Tony Levin 5 String (with Stinger Pre) and case £225