Why become a member? ×

Fender American Ultra Jazz Ltd. Edition Mystic Pine Green FS/FT - *WITHDRAWN*
£1600

P-T-P

***Put some cobalt flats on it, gave it really good set-up and it’s a whole new bass. Keeping it!***

Bought this as I was completely smitten by the colour, fully with the intention of selling my white ultra jazz, but for no reason I can particularly put my finger on, I find myself going for the white one a bit more.

I love the necks on these. Super comfy. Tonal range is superb, with the core, both pick-ups, everything flat sound just being a really tight, sits well in any mix kinda thing. Comes with the case, all the gubbins etc. and aside from one small ding in the pics, is in really great condition. I've swapped the straplocks for traditional buttons as the keen eyed will see in the pics, but will put the strap lock buttons back on before letting it go.

Weighs in at 9lb 7oz.

I have boxes to ship it in but would prefer to meet up for a face to face deal if possible. I'm in Chepstow.

Have put a £1600 price tag, but might be some wiggle room for a cash sale.

Definitely up for trades and part-ex, particularly a maple-necked ultra jazz or any ultra precision.

I like Fender shaped objects very much, but not adverse to giving a potentially nice Warwick/Spector a shot if there's some cash coming my way in the deal.
Lakland 44-02/55-02 DJ4 (red one????) maybe?
Yamaha BB P34/35 2024x or even 1024x.
Have yet to have a lasting relationship with a Stingray (mainly the weight I think), but open to the idea.

Open to anything not too obscure or boutiquey (is that a word?)

Fender's Spec says...

Fender’s American Ultra series is arguably the most advanced range that the legendary company has ever produced. Developed to meet the needs of the discerning contemporary bassist, the Ultra Jazz Bass fittingly combines ‘60s cutting-edge with modern-day cutting-edge.

The results speak for themselves; unparalleled comfort thanks to a compound fretboard radius, Ultra-Noiseless pickups offering pristine tones, striking finishes – this model has it all! Fender’s Noiseless range does exactly what it says on the tin. With the new Ultra Noiseless pickup range, it’s stepped up a notch. In this model, you’ll get a pair Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups. Alnico 5 magnets and vintage-style voicing combine perfectly with the carefully calculated tonewood combination and construction. Add advanced switching to the mix, and you’ve got dynamic, punchy response that can be tweaked to suit any style with absolute precision.

Limited Edition, FSR Model

Andertons Music Co. has collaborated with Chicago Music Exchange a few times over the last couple of years, bringing you some of their coolest limited edition gear to this side of the pond. And now, we’ve teamed up with the American retailer once again to unveil three Fender FSR American Ultra models — available exclusively between us!

Featuring super-cool anodized gold pickguards, sleek Ebony fingerboards and incredible colour-ways — this is your chance to grab some stellar kitted-out guitars, with serious flair and future collectable prestige to boot!

Key Features

Ultra Noiseless Pickups – Vintage-voiced and versatile Fender tones without the hum!

S-1 Switching – Access more pickup combinations for greater tonal flexibility.

Modern "D" Neck Profile – Slim, supportive shape suited for the latest generation of players.

Satin-Finished Neck – Slippery and non-sticky for a fast feel.

Compound Radius Fingerboard – Rounded at the lower end of the neck and flattens out the higher you go, for optimal playability.

Rolled Fingerboard Edges – Exceptional playing comfort; smooth fret work means no more sharp edges!

Medium Jumbo Frets – Modern size for a controllable feel and enhanced tone.

Bone Nut – Traditional, low-friction material boost sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.

Bi-Flex Truss Rod – Strong and extremely adjustable.

Specifications

Body

Body Material: Alder

Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane

Body Shape: Jazz Bass

Neck

Neck Material: Maple

Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face

Neck Shape: Modern “D”

Neck Heel: Tapered

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Fingerboard: Rosewood (with Rolled Edges)

Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)

Number of Frets: 21

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot

Nut Material: Bone

Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)

Truss Rod: Bi-Flex

Electronics

Pickups: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass

Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle

Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass (Toploaded)

Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts

Pickguard: Gold Anodized

Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome

Miscellaneous

Strings: Fender 7250M Nickel-Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, .045-.105

Case: Fender Elite Moulded Case

IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

IMG_1326.jpeg

IMG_2034.jpeg

Edited by P-T-P
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MM Stingray 62 said:

If I hadn’t of just bought this I would have been very interested it’s a beautiful bass.

IMG_9964.jpeg

Totally regret selling my AC jazz. Just sayin' :D

• P-T-P changed the title to WITHDRAWN Fender American Ultra Jazz Ltd. Edition Mystic Pine Green FS/FT