Why become a member? ×

NBD (1 of 2): Ibanez content

Mikey D

I'm a massive fanboy obviously and have owned over the years: 2 GWB35s, GWB1 (twice), 3 different EHBs (6, 5 and shortscale 5), a heavily modded TMB35 (which I still have). Aside from the GWB which is fretless, never had a Prestige/Japanese fretted and always wanted one.

I recently had a bit of a purge to get 2 basses I have wanted since I first saw them.

Finally got an Ibanez Grooveline G105 I found being sold in Eire after repeated googling over the months/years. Even with family in Northern Ireland there was no way I could get it. After a few talks the owned agreed to have his son bring over to England so I could pick it up. 

An immaculate bass even with all the original case goodies and labels. 

Now I've set it up really low as I like I can tell it will get a lot of playing time. Which is saying something when you think what NBD 2 of 2 is...

I know the look isn't for everyone but has best balance of any bass I've ever played and has a great super jazz bass sound.

I really want a G106 but after a few messages from Benjamin Shepherd who informed me only 50 were made I'm not holding my hopes up. That said I'm extremely happy with the G105.

Anyone else got one?

PXL_20240824_110603052.jpg

PXL_20240824_110533630.jpg

Edited by Mikey D
  • Like 11

Bit of a fanboy here too*. That's awesome! I've always been intrigued by the Grooveline, they look very well thought out and hugely comfortable. 

* Most have been sold but I have owned 3 MC924's, an RS924, an ST924, a first year SR800LE (1987), 3 ATK's, 4 RG's and recently picked up an ORM-1. 

• Like 1

I had a G104 for a little while I got very cheap as NOS. It was very well made, but really couldn't get anything but a super clean sound from it. Didn't work for my band (rock) so it was moved on, but other than that it was good.