Why become a member? ×

Compressors and fuzzes and octabvres - HELP!

thisisswanbon

Hi All!

Got a bit of a head twister here...

Recently got a Jam Dyna-ssor which does marvellous things to my clean tone!

Unfortunately, it does horrible things to my fuzzes and octave when infront of them. It also does horrible things AFTER my octaver but makes my fuzz sound HUGE!

So ideal world I'd like to isolate it from my octave, while keeping it after my fuzz and other effects but before my preamps. Issue is, I stack my octave into a C4 or my fuzz sometimes, so struggling to find a way to not tap dance... any ideas?

Path is:

Tuner > Octabvre > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Dyna-ssor > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

20240823_234330.thumb.jpg.1ff2d7e91ba4808dabbefcaf82da6f7c.jpg

10 minutes ago, tauzero said:

You may want an effects switcher - with no experience whatsoever of doing this, I'd suggest having a look at the Boss LS-2 and ES-5.

Thanks for the reply! I've actually got an LS2 clone, and did think about using it, but can't suss how to route it to isolate the octaver and have it so I can stack... 🤔

AIUI, you've got a path

Tuner > Octabvre > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Dyna-ssor > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

and what you're looking for is to opt between

Tuner > Octabvre > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

and

Tuner > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Dyna-ssor > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

As I said, I have no experience of the LS2, but couldn't you put the octave in the A loop and the dyna-ssor in the B loop and use the mode which lets you switch between them (if I've interpreted the modes correctly)?

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

AIUI, you've got a path

and what you're looking for is to opt between

Tuner > Octabvre > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

and

Tuner > SA C4 > DHA Broken > Dyna-ssor > Joyo Monomyth > Source Audio bass zio

As I said, I have no experience of the LS2, but couldn't you put the octave in the A loop and the dyna-ssor in the B loop and use the mode which lets you switch between them (if I've interpreted the modes correctly)?

I thought that, but the issue I like the Dyna-Ssor AFTER the fuzz - and if I isolate the compressor I'll have to isolate the fuzz too, or put the ls2 at the end of the chain which would also put the octaver at the end of the chain, stopping me from stacking into the C4 or DHA broken 😬

On 24/08/2024 at 16:54, thisisswanbon said:

I thought that, but the issue I like the Dyna-Ssor AFTER the fuzz - and if I isolate the compressor I'll have to isolate the fuzz too, or put the ls2 at the end of the chain which would also put the octaver at the end of the chain, stopping me from stacking into the C4 or DHA broken 😬

Ah, that'll be me not having a clue what any of the pedals do because the names don't tell me much. I'd just assumed that the DHA Broken was the fuzz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

Ah, that'll be me not having a clue what any of the pedals do because the names don't tell me much. I'd just assumed that the DHA Broken was the fuzz.

You're not wrong... it IS a fuzz! In the end I isolated the broken and the compressor on loop A and then octave and synth on loop B, caused a couple of wrong pedal presses on Sunday 😂...

The DHA Broken is going back though and an EHX sovtek deluxe on its was which will hopefully make things easier!