Why become a member? ×

NBD (2 of 2): Ken Smith Hadrien Feraud Burner 5

Mikey D

Never go to Bass Bros in person...or something like this happens. They were amazing in their service and we did what feels a fair deal for all. A lot of other basses went to make room for this one and it's already worth it. I don't play enough to have a big stash no matter how varied they are, so wanted to get to a few I know I'll keep playing.

I've wanted a burner since Hadrien's earlier days (although would love a sea foam one). Also always loved Matt Garrisons fodera with buckeye burl. They had a flame koa which also looked incredible but I wasn't feeling the neck as much. Talk of a pale moon ebony finish that was upstairs got me tempted but supposedly it had already gone. Seemingly it's on their site so still available and usually like a clean fretboard with no markers, but preferred this overall.

Saw this in the flesh and just had to have it. Find it hard to properly try basses in shops as they are always setup far too high for my preference. Now it's setup like really (really) low, the neck and finish really is impressive on this thing. Kudos to Sleek Elite for keeping quality really high.

9.999 out of 10. The 0.001 is because I didn't have a 1/20 Allen key to do the setup and wish they'd included one :)

PXL_20240824_152236862.jpg

PXL_20240824_152244933.jpg

PXL_20240824_211532008.jpg

PXL_20240824_211548034.jpg

• Like 15

On 24/08/2024 at 22:40, Mikey D said:

9.999 out of 10. The 0.001 is because I didn't have a 1/20 Allen key to do the setup and wish they'd included one :)

I take it back...have the extra 0.001 and a 10/10.

Went to open the bass case in dim light and turns out there is a pocket on the back of Headstock in gig bag. Inside was original document from Japan and 2 Allen keys! Thought it was odd an instrument of this calibre to not have them.

1 hour ago, thebassist said:

Awesome two basses. I wish Smith would do a current day Burner as a six-string. I’ve asked and they’ve said no.

I'd love a new 6 like this one. A blue one keeps floating about UK. Then there is this recent one: https://www.fretspot.com/in-stock-now/ken-smith-burner-6-string-bass-quilted-maple-top-upgraded-electronics/ not many out there. 

• 2 weeks later...