• Leonard Smalls
    • Dad3353
    • Lurksalot
    • Xgsjx
    • MoonBassAlpha
    • AndyTravis
    • Upside downer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/24 at 23:01

After a very tight vote in July we had a 4 way tie! And after a few machinations the honour was bestowed on Upside Downer for the pictorial inspiration to carry us through the heady Augustine days of summer, to our voting point

He thus mused...

"Been pottering along the Grand Union Canal on our narrowboat and, on our way to the pub in Shrewley one night, we passed this.

Minstrels, tell us the story of this abode!"

image.png.bafe0ea5f0dcb10f11ab6b9278ffb540.png

Without further ado , have a listen to the entries and vote for your favourite 3 

1.  @Jean-Luc Pickguard  

Here's my entry, "How The ✽✽✽✽ Did My Bike Get Up There?"   This is the radio TikTok-friendly beeped version. 

2 @Leonard Smalls  I felt that the house had seen better days, perhaps had regrets, could have done things differently. So here's a sort of urban tribute to Bill Laswell, featuring a fellow Badass Weed...

3 @Dad3353  The theme is set in the title; what else could it be..? Yes, it's a Cycle of Pedal Points, in various forms.

4 Lurksalot.  I saw the picture and thought of ET having gone home , his bike left on the wall and Hollywood then going home thus abandoning the place ... then I was looking for parallels in the football world ...or not ..😃

5 @xgsjx How did that bike get up there?..

6 @MoonBassAlpha When I was working on my cover of Todd Rundgren's I Saw The Light, I read that he thought the lyrics were a bit trite and wasn't keen on the "Moon, June, Spoon" rhyming. Thus, I put these rhymes to work in the "verse" of this tune, It's all nonsense, of course, but I think the story fits the picture, but is the world ready for psychedelic madrigal-core yet?

7 @AndyTravis  

I like the idea that the pacey parts are the bike’s former life racing down hills and the angrier parts (namely drums) are the crazed destruction that let to the house and the bike being knackered together…

8 @upside downer  It's about Feng Shui! Sort of! Sounds like a load of old twaddle! Yes! Both Fung Shui and the song! Stop using exclamation marks! OK! 

That’s your lot so choose your favourite 3 and place your votes

voting will close at midnight on the 31st August

good luck

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Well, listens strictly speaking, but maybe people like looking at the pictures too?

There are people..? o.O

:lol: :P

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

Two have voted; four votes have been cast. Two each, or three and one ? Are the other tracks not so good, then? I know it's not mandatory to vote for three, though, so no criticism implied; just curious. :/ 

Welcome to the composition contests Sam and thank you for your kind words. — can we look forward to your own entry in a future contest?

Thanks to everyone who voted (especially those who voted for my entry!)

It is always great fun to participate in this contest and I enjoy listening to all the entries.

Putting together an entry is a cool solution to writers block as it forces you to focus on a specific idea.

How can we get the word out so we can get more people participating and/or voting in future contests?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is always welcome to participate but i think sometimes it appears daunting to some.

It is always done for a bit of fun , but there are some fine song and tunesmiths among us, 

its just doing a first one that's the hardest , but once you get stuck in it's great fun.

I think lots on here are just waiting to hear my angelic vocal tones every month TBH :hi: 

DIVE IN , DIVE IN 

September is up and running 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1