Why become a member? ×

Cort GB Modern 5-string ***SALE PENDING*** - *SOLD*
£500
Bath

pajhartley

Up for sale my Cort GB Modern 5-string, pretty much mint condition and as factory except for the addition of Schaller straplocks.

This really is a superb bass & worth much more, I think, than the list (RRP) price of around £1,200. But there are some good bargains to be have around UK music shops, hence the very low asking price for this, although you'd not tell the difference between this & new.

Spec-wise it's as I would have asked for if I got someone to make a bass for me - Nordstrand pickups, Babicz FCH bridge, 35" scale, roasted maple neck, active/passive pull/push knob, Hipshot ultralight tuners, etc. Because of these top-end features you can get just about any sound you want out of this, and the low B is very tight & useable. It looks beautiful, both naturally & on stage.

I've only had this for a few months, bought new from Bass Direct, but I'm going for a Fender Precision 5'er - Precisions seem to suit me better than jazz-style basses & I really should have learned by now.

Very light at 8.5 lb.

Pick up from Bath, or I'm often up in Hertfordshire & am willing to deliver anywhere between the two, and as I like driving I'll deliver within 100 miles of Bath for free. I won't post unless I have absolutely no option, & I won't send overseas.

IMG_2587.jpeg

IMG_2588.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

Edited by pajhartley
Sold
  • Like 12

That’s an awful lot of bass for £500 - I nearly forked out £200 the other day just for the pickups that are in this! 😁 I really rate Cort, they’re a massively underrated brand that doesn’t get the kudos it should

• Like 3

• pajhartley changed the title to Cort GB Modern 5-string ***SOLD***