Why become a member? ×

Reopening a for sale post

Pestie

Good Morning BC

I recently posted a 5 string Fretless bass up for sale.  I thought it was 35” but when the buyer got it home he measured and it came up 34”.  We’re discussing a refund.  My question is: Can my closed down post be reactivated rather than me having to do a new post?”

Thanks

Mike

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pestie said:

Good Morning BC

I recently posted a 5 string Fretless bass up for sale.  I thought it was 35” but when the buyer got it home he measured and it came up 34”.  We’re discussing a refund.  My question is: Can my closed down post be reactivated rather than me having to do a new post?”

Thanks

Mike

Find the post and click on 'Report' .

Go to your FS ad, on the right hand side are 3 little dots one of which says Report this post (or similar). Just fill in this option, asking the mods to reopen the post and normally one of them will be along very quickly to do so.

16 hours ago, itu said:

By the way: the easiest way to measure scale length, is to multiply the length from nut to the 12th fret by 2. Fine tuning bridge tends to mess the measurements.

Normally I'd agree with you , but this particular bass is an unliined fretless.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pete.young said:

Normally I'd agree with you , but this particular bass is an unliined fretless.

With side dots at the usual places (3 5 7 9 12...), so as easy to measure too.

• Like 1

This is a reasonable question, with regard to reopening an advert - if anyone needs to argue about the substance of the reason for not going through the sale, it would seem that either PM is a better place, or if you can't resolve it, take it up with the mods?

• Like 1