Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B100R Combo Amp - £150 - *SOLD*
£150
BA14 (Bath/Wiltshire)

Ampeg B100R Combo Amp - £150

Bought from @shug back at the end of 2019! It's seen occasional gigging work and lots of medium volume studio recording in my possession.  The value proposition of this amp has really left me with a soft spot for it, and does show you don't need to spend through the nose if you're into this vintage flavoured tone. I've often grabbed this instead of my Aguilar rig, and not thought twice.

It sounds great and really gives as close to a vintage Ampeg/B15 vibe as I've heard around this price (unless we're talking pedal only!), but with some extra tricks up its sleeve with the voicing switches. It's been my go-to recording amp to mix with a DI, and it's always given me that classic vibe I wanted. Everything is functional and noise free in terms of operation. 

In terms of condition, it had done a lot of work before arriving with me evident through the tolex. The on/off switch doesn't illuminate. There were also a couple of modifications before it arrived with me as can be seen in the overview video. It has a flight case-style cover which will also be provided. I'll upload photos of the case when I can. 

Selling as I'm moving to Nashville, TN with my wife at the end of the year, and I'm sure I'll be able to grab another of these over there if needed. 

I feel like this one is really a meet-up/collect deal as it already took a bump or two being couriered to me the first time, but happy to discuss and make that happen if it's the only option. 

Thank you for looking!

T

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

Edited by TJ Spicer
  • Like 2

Just now, TJ Spicer said:

I haven't - but have on Facebook Marketplace!

oh ok. I just noticed that I have watch MANY of your vids on YouTube when I was learning about amps. Was wondering where you have been. 

Based in London so it may be a hassle heading to you. 

4 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

oh ok. I just noticed that I have watch MANY of your vids on YouTube when I was learning about amps. Was wondering where you have been. 

Based in London so it may be a hassle heading to you. 

Thank you for watching! Big shifts during the pandemic led me to move to producing for artists full time and really making headway with my music career. Best decision I ever made. I love talking about music and gear, but nothing beats creating new music every single day. It's all heading in the right direction, hence the move, but I would like to make a return to YT and the community. Though I'm much broader than bass only nowadays, and I'm not sure how well that would be received with the videos being less consistently only about bass... We'll see! 

I'm often in West Berkshire at my parent's place, maybe we could meet on the outskirts of London? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaulHornBass said:

What a lovely old thing. If this were up north rather than down south, I'd be very interested. GLWYS!

Thank you for the kind words! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TJ Spicer said:

Thank you for watching! Big shifts during the pandemic led me to move to producing for artists full time and really making headway with my music career. Best decision I ever made. I love talking about music and gear, but nothing beats creating new music every single day. It's all heading in the right direction, hence the move, but I would like to make a return to YT and the community. Though I'm much broader than bass only nowadays, and I'm not sure how well that would be received with the videos being less consistently only about bass... We'll see! 

I'm often in West Berkshire at my parent's place, maybe we could meet on the outskirts of London? 

I do remember you speaking about this in some of your videos. congrats!!!!!

Im still looking for amps so ill touch base with you in due course. enjoy the weather while it lasts here in uk lol 

• TJ Spicer changed the title to Ampeg B100R Combo Amp - SOLD