Why become a member? ×

Oasis to reform?

Screenshot_2024-08-26-23-17-17-666_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.c891836d93beb33a56cf89a246db2ebf.jpg

Noel has a £20million divorce so Oasis may be reforming?

Does anyone care who the rest of the band will be?

Will Liam claim to have a sore throat and bunk off a few gigs, or will there be a fight a few songs in which will mean the rest of the reunion gigs are cancelled?

More news tomorrow...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Norris said:

Can they keep a lid on it for the sake of £XXXm? Probably not.

Depends entirely how much nose candy they are ploughing through.

Good luck to Gem Archer et al if they are still involved in this boodang style exercise. 

Just now, JottoSW1 said:

Depends entirely how much nose candy they are ploughing through.

It certainly helps in the "being an obnoxious arsehole" stakes, which seems to be one of their USPs

• Like 2

I knew Gem & his band mates in Heavy Stereo a bit in early 2000s. 

Nice people. I wonder who the lucky souls / sidementhat are in line for a 'new' Oasis gig.

Oasis turned into their very own tribute band pretty much from day 1

I'm not a big fan, but also I don't get why quite so much hate. 

Sure, they rip off the Beatles, they are arrogant, and a lot of the time the lyrics make no sense. But they do also have some very memorable songs, do a good live show, and have some rock n roll/punk attitude. 

And this song is great:

• Like 3

Respect to the Swindon Advertiser who have demanded that Oasis come to Swindon because the town inspired the name. I expect the management will be kicking themselves at such an obvious oversight!?!

Swindon's finest music journalism since they briefly ran an online story saying the Motorhead gig in Swindon wasn't cancelled just because the band had lost the bass player! (yes, true story) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I'm not a big fan, but also I don't get why quite so much hate. 

Sure, they rip off the Beatles, they are arrogant, and a lot of the time the lyrics make no sense. But they do also have some very memorable songs, do a good live show, and have some rock n roll/punk attitude. 

And this song is great:

I agree with this but don't understand the Beatles rip off bit. 

I love a bit of Oasis, I could happily have the first two albums on repeat, but have never enjoyed listening to the Beatles (I know 🙄), so what Beatles songs have been most plagiarised? Maybe I can become a Beatles listener finally.

I get the basic influences and that Noel was big fan, but that's just how music works.

5 minutes ago, Alfie said:

I love a bit of Oasis, I could happily have the first two albums on repeat, but have never enjoyed listening to the Beatles (I know 🙄), so what Beatles songs have been most plagiarised? Maybe I can become a Beatles listener finally.

I get the basic influences and that Noel was big fan, but that's just how music works.

Well, Beady Eye did do a song called Beatles and Stones.

Oasis did "Wonderwall", said "All the roads are winding", ....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

Respect to the Swindon Advertiser who have demanded that Oasis come to Swindon because the town inspired the name. I expect the management will be kicking themselves at such an obvious oversight!?!

Swindon's finest music journalism since they briefly ran an online story saying the Motorhead gig in Swindon wasn't cancelled just because the band had lost the bass player! (yes, true story) 

I think Liam Gallagher did once play the Oasis venue. Isn't it now shut down?

I’ll be going, and I’ll be taking my 2 teenagers - because all the negativity people seem to put on them as a band/solo artists doesn’t make an ounce of difference to me and what happened when I heard them for the first time aged 11.

they were massive for me.

saw them 3 times - once on their last (I think) tour.

No matter what people think of them - for a lot of people, they were an era defining band.

shame that guigsy/bonehead most likely won’t be involved - the word is that it’s Liam/Noel and the High Flying Birds as the rest of the band.

• Like 3

My son is very excited. Me less so. I don’t hate Oasis. I just don’t understand the UKs Beatles fixation. Pulp were an interesting band. The rest of Britpop was a massive yawn.

Edited by tegs07

20 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

shame that guigsy/bonehead most likely won’t be involved - the word is that it’s Liam/Noel and the High Flying Birds as the rest of the band.

I'm very surprised at the lack of Bonehead — unless he cba, of course — Liam's recently been quite vocal about his contribution

You can hear the difference he made to Liam's band, they weren't getting the Oasis sound at all right until he played with them a bit.

I saw them a couple of times at Glastonbury.

The first time was in an afternoon slot on the NME stage just before they got massive, the next year they were headlining the Pyramid.

They didn't blow me away either time, they played the songs well enough, but there wasn't a lot of energy or movement on stage and pretty much zero crowd interaction.

Having said that I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for them, they were a big part of the soudtrack the 90s back when I was in my teens and 20s so I generally associate them with good memories.

Though, even with that nostalia I have no interest in the reunion gigs.

1 hour ago, Alfie said:

Noel Gallagher has since said that his single biggest influence was actually Slade and I'd say you can hear a lot of more Slade in the music of Oasis than you can hear the Beatles.

Of course in the 90s it was a lot cooler to claim the Beatles as your biggest influence than Slade who at that point had about as much indie street cred as Status Quo.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 3