Why become a member? ×

Oasis to reform?

29 minutes ago, ahpook said:

My bet would be Andy Bell (ex-Ride, not Erasure :) )

Given the lack of volume of the bass on Oasis records either Andy Bell would be fine, and the Erasure one would definitely be more interesting to watch on stage.

56 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

the Erasure one would definitely be more interesting to watch on stage.

The last time I saw him was an unforgettable experience. Not necessarily in a good way. He might just have had one too many cans of Tango that day

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Given the lack of volume of the bass on Oasis records either Andy Bell would be fine, and the Erasure one would definitely be more interesting to watch on stage.

Not sure about Noel, but Liam was a fairly loud and unashamed homophobe back in the day and has yet to show any real indication of personal growth or reflection on any past views, so I can't quite picture it. One of the reasons so many people so emphatically reject any nostalgia for the whole 90s lad culture business...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Norris said:

The last time I saw him was an unforgettable experience. Not necessarily in a good way. He might just have had one too many cans of Tango that day

I saw Erasure in the relatively early days when Andy Bell's favoured stage wear was a latex leotard and DMs and Vince Clark hid behind his synths under a cloud of embarrassment. It was a great gig and IMO bands with a flamboyant front person are all the better for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

I saw Erasure in the relatively early days when Andy Bell's favoured stage wear was a latex leotard and DMs and Vince Clark hid behind his synths under a cloud of embarrassment. It was a great gig and IMO bands with a flamboyant front person are all the better for it.

When I last saw him his tiny silver sequined shorts were somewhat obscured by his belly. The time before that (The Neon tour) he was in a blue silk basque - a much better look. Yes, gotta love a bit of flamboyance

• 2 weeks later...