Why become a member? ×

Fun with Thomann and DHL

knirirr

Having had some issues with a Harley Benton instrument I arranged to return it to Thomann, which took a while as their responses were often slow.

Eventually, I was able to drop it off on the 24th at a local DHL collection point. The chap there scanned it and, when I asked, told me that the receipt would be electronic and I'd get an email.

No such email was received, and according to Thomann:

"Unfortunately, the tracking information does not show any updates on our end. It is possible that the parcel has not been scanned yet at the Service Point. As such, we would kindly ask you to contact the Service Point where the parcel has been dropped off at, for clarification or for the receipt. Without a receipt, it is not possible for Thomann to contact the courier for you."

Has anyone else run into similar issues, or have any suggestions?

Fingers crossed that it's a false alarm. Within the past hour the package has started showing up on DHL's system using Thomann's customer reference and their UK depot's postcode. Perhaps the package wasn't scanned until it was collected, and that wasn't until this morning.

• Like 1

I've had DHLs not appear until they were almost out for delivery.

Most recently on my partner's (late-ordered) birthday present, which caused me quite a bit of panic 😂 Glad to hear it's appeared!

• Like 1

In my experience, it's always DHL that's the problem.  When I bought my Sire D5 from Thomann, DHL "lost" the first one.  To give Thomann their due they sent a second one pretty quicky and thankfully it got through.