Why become a member? ×

G & L SB-2 tribute Early run.
£350
Rochester, Kent

BaggyMan

The SB-2 is Leo Fenders final design on the P-J. Smaller bodied than a precision is easier on the neck.

This is one of the first run versions and is just amazing, the build quality is excellent with the now discontinued rosewood board..along with a trans orange finish, also now unavailable.

US hardware and pickups (the industry renowned MFD pickups).  The output is huge and great tonally.  Changed out the 'tribute' stamped bridge for a G & L stamped bridge.

One unusual design difference is the bass has one volume per set of pickups and no treble . Balancing the tone is a very simple blend of the p pickup (bassier) and the J pickup (treble...ier) volumes.

There is an easy mod to make it like a p-j or use stack knobs, but i never felt there was a need.

Really a great gig instrument, smaller bodied than a p bass, easy on the neck and back (weighs a shade under 10lb and quite comfortable) . Finally it has a hipshot detuner a great upgrade to the four stringer format.

I cant say enough good things about these. Leo Fender said it was his best bass design. A players instrument for sure.

No P bass at this price can match this basses quality and versatility.

Drop in and try (Rochester Kent) Meet up with reason for petrol/coffee money) Post at buyer expense (insured)

gnl2.thumb.jpg.372513366f82b43f16f8971f0b4af8e9.jpg.63b001b960032228317a9afe71070d60.jpggnl1.thumb.jpg.5949c93354f0e5a1c410525e6b2e3991.jpg.1974023f46e191ef7148efd1c1920a38.jpg

Edited by BaggyMan
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really liked the one I had...the lack of tone knob seems to be counter intuitive but once you get used to balancing your tone by mixing the pickups it you wonder why nobody thought of it before...

GLWTS