Why become a member? ×

Home use, tiny, but good combo?

Rayman

1 minute ago, lemmywinks said:

I hate it when people post pics of a red C2, I already have a great micro setup but it just makes me want to buy one along with a BAM200 for no other reason than it would look fantastic.

I just wish it was easy to turn the logo through 90 degrees...

Herself doesn’t like me bringing more cabs into the house. She doesn’t understand the appeal of black boxes.  She did make an exception for a red C2. At the time I couldn’t find a Canadian distributor , so I ordered it from NYC , and with duty and shipping probably paid too much. But I use it every day. Not gig suitable , but perfect for home practice. 

I love it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, msb said:

Herself doesn’t like me bringing more cabs into the house. She doesn’t understand the appeal of black boxes.  She did make an exception for a red C2. At the time I couldn’t find a Canadian distributor , so I ordered it from NYC , and with duty and shipping probably paid too much. But I use it every day. Not gig suitable , but perfect for home practice. 

I love it.

I ran out of space ages ago for sneaking stuff in past Mrs Rayman, so, now I’ve got a storage unit in town 😉

• Like 1

Herself looks on basses as art objects , so she appreciates them. And most amp heads these days are not too big. Fine with them too. But if I was to arrive with a good sized 212 cab … not pretty. She did think the red C2 was funky , and the BareFaced One10 was a good size. I also sold an Ampeg 210AV right after that arrived. Bonus points there. 
Last December I saw a big orange Gretsch hollow body and showed Herself the picture , she took one look and said “Get it”. 
That’s pretty good…

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, msb said:
Last December I saw a big orange Gretsch hollow body and showed Herself the picture , she took one look and said “Get it”. 
That’s pretty good…

Well I hope you obliged!

7 hours ago, msb said:

I love it.

It’s for this reason I’ve considered a Vox mini superbeetle bass stack, but if I’m honest with myself, it’s not the ideal solution for me. 

Edited by Greg Edwards69

I picked up an Elf last week. I traded an old SWR HeadLite for a new one. The SWR was worth a bit more , but I had picked it up for a good price … so we were both happy. I had not been using the SWR. Was always curious about the Elf.
And right after I got the Elf home I heard Korg USA was selling off Darkglass 200 watt heads for half price. That’s a new amp at better than your usual kijiji prices!

I immediately mentioned this to some friends in the US , and they ordered them. I tried , but Korg would not ship outside the US. So I had a Microtubes shipped to a friend in Texas , and it was reshipped up here. Should arrive Monday. I’ve been hearing great reviews of the amp from those that got them.
I’m excited. I’m happy with my gigging gear , and have some very nice small sized practice and rehearsal stuff. And just added two lovely small amps to that. 

• Like 2

Well for now at least I’ve gone for this Laney R1…….

IMG_9020.thumb.jpeg.1a4a54d2f09b95387c726f3be267c2a6.jpeg

Not anything like tiny, but as a 65W 1x10 kickback it’s perfect for home playing. I’ve already replaced the speaker with the yellow Celestion BL10-70 you see here. I’ve also put a decent horn in it. So it sounds great and handles the low B on my Aria with ease.

However…. the search for a tiny option continues. 

• Like 1

Practice nook , bouncing between the Elf ( just out of frame) and the M200. One10 cab.
e500 and C2 in the background. 
Wonderful place to play around. My sandbox at the in-laws.

IMG_0052.jpeg