Why become a member? ×

The heartwarming Keanu Reeves FCS P-bass

Munurmunuh

3 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I saw this earlier. It’s cool that he seems to be just as excited as the rest of us are when receiving a new bass

Whenever I see him being interviewed, he just seems like a nice, normal guy, who just happens to be a Hollywood star.

• Like 4

This is sensible from Fender. No one, least of KR, is under any illusions as to his capabilities as a bassist. What's also clear is how much he loves being a bassist. Here we see him, thanks to his standing in the world, getting a beautiful Fender lovingly-made to his exact desires. And then we get a nice long chunk of Mr Adequate Bassist being dutifully adequate with his band, with his lovely new bass sprinkling its magic onto the experience.

Fender Custom Shop: simply waiting for your specs and your wodge. Come on, we won't judge you 🤗

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Whenever I see him being interviewed, he just seems like a nice, normal guy, who just happens to be a Hollywood star.

Agreed. The man's head-to-toe a class act.

I hope he gets a lot of pleasure out of his new bass.

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Yeah.........I warmed to him right there.  No grandstanding or "look at me" diva BS. He seems to be just like the rest of us when it's NBD. Nice bass too.

If it goes on general release you can be sure that Fender will up their price accordingly though, since a Hollywood star's name is linked to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I saw this earlier. It’s cool that he seems to be just as excited as the rest of us are when receiving a new bass

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

53 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Agreed. The man's head-to-toe a class act.

I hope he gets a lot of pleasure out of his new bass.

Agreed, there doesn`t seem to be any "big star look-at-me" stuff going on with him.

• Like 3

I like it, has some nice alterations too...I was expecting a PJ stock as is.  Pleasantly surprised with the spec.  Looks and sounds good.  Keanu seemed really nice and un assuming.

Jonny

• Like 1

The guy must be worth squillions. But he sold his mansion and lives in a flat, travels on public transport (and, when he flies, usually flies economy), and spends his money on "nice", relatively simple things, like a Ducati motorbike or a Fender Custom Shop bass. He's also taken pay cuts on films so the crew can get paid more. 

He seems like one of the world's few genuinely nice people, who seems to use his considerable wealth for good. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

The guy must be worth squillions. But he sold his mansion and lives in a flat, travels on public transport (and, when he flies, usually flies economy), and spends his money on "nice", relatively simple things, like a Ducati motorbike or a Fender Custom Shop bass. He's also taken pay cuts on films so the crew can get paid more. 

He seems like one of the world's few genuinely nice people, who seems to use his considerable wealth for good. 

Which is probably why he’s a happy, grounded individual who still gets a kick out of life. Living in a gilded cage surrounded by people blowing smoke up your rectum seems to be the fastest way to shuffle off this mortal coil, particularly in LA.

• Like 1