Why become a member? ×

'Melvin Pierce' - is this real or AI generated ???

Talking with another muso a few days ago, and we were considering how what was considered cool 'jazz funk' in the 80's has morphed into general polite background musak now. I mentioned a Youtube channel I've come across run by a person (?) called Melvin Pierce which has loads of tracks all done in this style, accompanied by videos of soft focus 'hip' people being cool in various ways, so it all looks a bit like some sort of continuous lifestyle advert.

My friend said that he had come across this channel as well and was convinced all the music was AI generated and there was no such person as 'Melvin Pierce'

I must admit I hadn't considered this possibility, but the more you look at this channel the more peculiar it seems. Some comments assume Melvin is a sax player, some assume he's a producer, and some think he's a guitarist. Who knows ? There never seem to be the same musicians appearing in any of the videos, of which (I've just looked this up) 132 have been uploaded since January this year.

Video below is fairly typical - they're all done in the same sort of style.

BC'ers opinions ?

Following this thread with great interest 🕵🏻‍♂️
Had a quick Google and it looks like he’s possibly a trumpet player from Atlanta. Why he’s churning out all that tat at such a rate is quite beyond me though. The videos are clearly a load of stock footage clips cobbled together. I’m sure if you really put your mind to it you could run off a stack of tunes exactly like this in a fairly short space of time as they’re all pretty generic, but what would be the end goal?  
Really not sure who this music is for?? 

On 28/08/2024 at 18:04, musicbassman said:

BC'ers opinions ?

My patience ran out after about 15 seconds- or, in terms of the video, 30 changes of shot.

What's with the flashing lights? The Leg Model auditioning for a workout video?

"Melvin Pierce.  Smooth music. Annoying visuals."

• Haha 1