Why become a member? ×

Tom's Guitar Shop - Greenwich

Went for a walk to Greenwich in London today with my son Joe and on the way back visited Greenwich Market and was surprised to see that a guitar shop had opened a few weeks ago. Popped in and they had a few basses including an OLP Stingray and a nice two humbucker Spector in a rather fetching blue sparkle, lots of fantastic electric guitars and acoustic guitars as well. Tom gave us a warm welcome and I hope he has success with it, he's got a website coming but can be found on Instagram 'tomsguitarshop'. It's worth a visit for anyone who lives locally :) 

There's a YouTube video featuring his shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTIoNnmnANE

John 😎 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Opening a guitar shop is quite a commitment in this day and age for various reasons (rent and other bills, price competition, stock levels etc) but he must have done his homework so the best of luck to him. I guess there is quite a bit of footfall around that area so hopefully he'll be busy, possibly more with repairs, setups etc, as they are something that many people are happy to pay to be done and they can't just buy online. Speaking of the latter, hopefully not too many trying out instruments in the shop then buying elsewhere online cos it's £1 cheaper.

Good to hear of a new shop though.

• Like 3