Why become a member? ×

Our new Fahrenheit 451 inspired music video - out today!

I've shared a few of these over the last couple of years and been humbled by many of the nice comments you have made. My duo "Deadlight Dance" is essentially two old friends who met in Sixth Form in 1989 and wound up in a fun but (if I am being honest) slightly dodgy Sixth Form Goth band. Fast forward to lockdown / Covid and we decided to have another stab at things. We are two weeks shy of releasing a 5 track EP (streaming free everywhere, so I'm not asking for your money!) via Ray Records. 

The EP has a running theme of characters from books (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Orwell, for example). We really mixed up the instrumentation this time so there is only conventional bass guitar on two tracks - this one is bass vi. "Montag" is the conflicted fireman from Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451", which is what inspired this track. The guest star around 1 minute 55 seconds might make a few of you smile.

Anyway, have a look. Whilst I'm not asking for cash (there is a Bandcamp page, in case anyone is worried I'm skipping meals though!), I'm more than happy to put this out for likes, subscribers and shares! 🙏😺

• Like 14

14 hours ago, SamIAm said:

And that kitty is gorgeous!

Sam x

He’s been with me 17 1/2yrs. On a darker note, I wanted him in the video whilst he was still around.

On a lighter note, he actually provided vocals on track 5 of the EP. 

• Like 2