Why become a member? ×

Phoenix

SamIAm

I've just bought one of these headless bridge kits: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007488329170.html with the intention of building a headless fretless bass before I die.

The option I've gone for is described as Color A, and has a headpiece rather than the other option which has individual string clamps. The headpiece has a built-in nut which is adjustable height.

Another alternative is a Warwick Just-A-Nut, either a JAN 1 or a JAN 3, not a JAN 2 which is good for nothing except throwing at the cat to stop it scratching your gig bag. Not cheap for the brass version, although the plasticky one isn't too bad.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

Not cheap for the brass version, although the plasticky one isn't too bad.

I agree - their synthetic ones, in my view, are pretty good (I presume it's GRP or similar?).  I have one that came factory-fitted on the most expensive guitar I've ever bought (which maybe says something?), and have used them on my own and other folks basses and guitars a number of times.