Why become a member? ×

Post Metal appreciation thread

SteveXFR

This last year I've been getting more and more in to post metal so I thought I'd start a thread where nerdy metal heads can share some good stuff.

My current favourite is Bossk, they were incredible at Arctangent a couple weeks back. I was absolutely blown away by their Sunday set.

• Like 1

Bossk are brilliant, seen them a few times, last year at Damnation was great - they played Audio Noir in full on the Friday then filled in for another band who dropped out at the last minute on the Saturday and got Johannes from Cult Of Luna to join them for Menhir, which was epic

Their new album is in my top five of the year so far

I'm into a fair bit of post-metal and post-rock, the new Hippotraktor and Oh Hiroshima albums are very good too

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Graham said:

the new Hippotraktor and Oh Hiroshima albums are very good too

Ta for the Hippotraktor tip! I'm from the ISIS "Oceanic" era, so all my post-metal listening is over a decade old now [eep!] But I've listened to a few tracks from Hippotraktor, and I really like what I'm hearing.

Edited by simisker
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, simisker said:

Ta for the Hippotracktor tip! I'm from the ISIS "Oceanic" era, so all my post-metal listening is over a decade old now [eep!] But I've listened to a few tracks from Hippotraktor, and I really like what I'm hearing.

Oceanic is in my top 5 albums of all time, I adore it - also part of the reason I play a Stingray

• Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 18:49, SteveXFR said:

This last year I've been getting more and more in to post metal so I thought I'd start a thread where nerdy metal heads can share some good stuff.

My current favourite is Bossk, they were incredible at Arctangent a couple weeks back. I was absolutely blown away by their Sunday set.

Hmm - I thought "That's a great into to the song", but 4 minutes in it appears to be the whole thing.
And then a load of shouty stuff.

Edited by prowla

3 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

That record is a masterpiece. Wreck Of The SS Needle is quite possibly my favourite song of all time. Julie Christmas's latest record has a similar feel to Mariner.

Yes, agreed she's got a similar vibe, having Johannes on there again helps - it's my top abum of the year so far and there's not much coming out that could dethrone it