Why become a member? ×

Anyone run a barefaced two10 AND one10 together?

ToLo

I know BF make a three10, but as someone who already owns a two10 I'm curious how different my gigging experience would be by adding one more 10 inch speaker. For context I play in a classic rock covers band, mostly pubs and smaller venues.

My two10 is a 4 ohm one, so combined with an 8 ohm one10 I should be fine as my head (genzler magellan 350) can go down to 2.67 ohms. 

Owning a two10 and a one10 sounds like a very versatile rig. You could play through one, two or three speakers depending on the situation. Everything from home practice to bigger stages would be covered. 

If anyone out there has tried it - please let me know your experience and if you think it's worth investing in an additional cab. i.e. does it really make that much difference or shall I just save my pennies and stop GAS-ing? 

I’ve done it back when I had a Two10 and One10. It works great and definitely added something. Whether it’s enough of a difference I can’t really say as it’s been two years now and I can barely remember what I did yesterday 😄

I guess it depends how loud the band is; for me I actually ended up getting a second Two10 because the band was loud and I never had PA support.

0D5F5087-AC60-4311-9B69-0DCF2DF2CCC7.jpeg.4580e724d97c03c75898c8a6878aa9fe.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi, I’ve done this with my Two10 and LFSys Monza (10” with compression driver). It does release the extra power from your amp and I thought a bit more bottom end overall but that could be because the Two10 was getting two thirds of the extra grunt, so that is what you hear predominantly. In my case, the Monza’s compression driver fills in the top end that is missing from the Two10. The Monza is pretty good at dispersing sound close up anyway but with it sitting on top of the Two10 in vertical mode, I had absolutely no trouble hearing myself on a comparatively narrow “stage” (a trailer).

I leave it to you to decide whether my experience with the Two10 and Monza has any bearing on a Two10 & One10 combo. My guess is, unless you get a One10 T, you are not going to get the top end filled out as much but you would get the impression of extra bottom end by dint of moving more air. You also release the extra wattage from your amp but how much that actually gives you in DB I couldn’t say.

In my case, I have a smaller cabinet for gigs where I don’t need the oomph of the Two10S but want the clarity of an FRFR. It just happens to have a higher power rating than my Two10S but I don’t have an amp that can use that at 8 ohms. It seems to be plenty loud enough at up 250 watts for most pub gigs we do. The ability to stack it on top of the Two10 is just a bonus faciltated by my Blackstar U700. If you like the idea of that flexibility, a 10” single might be worth considering. It gives 3 cab permutations out of two cabs. 

• Like 1

The additional output is roughly 3dB, which isn't massive. If the 210 isn't enough you're better off with another 210. The main advantage to adding a 110 would be the higher position of the 110, making it easier to hear the mids and highs, but you can accomplish that with a tilt back amp stand.

• Like 1