Why become a member? ×

Sire Z7...here goes

BaggyMan

1 hour ago, feech said:

damn they feel flimsy as hell... 

yeah, I agree - the only thing I’d change in mine tbh. And I’ve got Sire replacements from a P7 on the way… hopefully those work! I wanted John East but out of stock for now…

12 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

yeah, I agree - the only thing I’d change in mine tbh. And I’ve got Sire replacements from a P7 on the way… hopefully those work! I wanted John East but out of stock for now…

Sorry about that 😇

13sirez7chromeknobs1.thumb.jpg.ad54efd41ed142248ef1c6f3df23a8bf.jpg

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Haha jealous! I was thinking maybe I get them black but of course out of stock too 🤓

I've got two spare black John East stack knobs, if that helps get you started...

1 minute ago, neepheid said:

I've got two spare black John East stack knobs, if that helps get you started...

Thank you! I think I’ll wait for now as the singles are out of stock too - and the chrome ones I got on the way (by sure) should do for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

Sorry about that 😇

13sirez7chromeknobs1.thumb.jpg.ad54efd41ed142248ef1c6f3df23a8bf.jpg

Did you find this contributed to solid feel, in general I feel like the positions are super precise, maybe it's because I'm coming from my Lakland 55 02.

But yeah essentially does the inner part the knobs attach too feel more "certain" with these too ? 

4 minutes ago, feech said:

Did you find this contributed to solid feel, in general I feel like the positions are super precise, maybe it's because I'm coming from my Lakland 55 02.

But yeah essentially does the inner part the knobs attach too feel more "certain" with these too ? 

It's mostly a weight thing, which probably leads to increased confidence in their turning action.  Plus they're solid, these John East knobs, not this aluminium shell pressed onto a plastic insert which is in turn pressed onto the pot shaft.  Those alu stock knobs felt cheap as hell to me - if it weren't for the fact they were cold to the touch in a cold room, I would have confused them with plastic, and super cheap plastic at that.  I also wasn't keen on them being black - I thought the chrome knobs on the Z3 looked way nicer so that was another factor in my decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neepheid said:

Those alu stock knobs felt cheap as hell to me - if it weren't for the fact they were cold to the touch in a cold room, I would have confused them with plastic, and super cheap plastic at that

Awfully accurate perception from mine 

Oh I thought this was interesting. Exactly same issue as my first unit (corroded rusty battery compartment).

I wonder (speculation but how many basses out of a stock of 9 have this issue?) if this was the same unit. If 2/9, awful Sire quality. Not my experience with Sire basses… I’m inclined to think it’s the same unit from this poor fella that was sent over to me. 

IMG_9452.thumb.jpeg.ee1e49e6b9dc9608707172b1cf95adc1.jpeg

anyway, it’s NBD day with a V5 and I’m proper happy with this hanger update for the autumn season 😂

IMG_9437.thumb.jpeg.fb75975b43b59e0651d583f1f2c1f2f4.jpeg

Ander. 

• Like 2

Yeah mine is going back to Andertons.

Several scratches on the neck, wonky cut pickguard and crack in the neck finish. If it was listed b stock i think i could accept it but yeah nah man too many little things adding up here just feels sketchy

PXL_20241018_075232175.thumb.jpg.71bf3170687570225c1b2ba7886d98c3.jpg

PXL_20241018_075120099.MP.jpg

PXL_20241018_075034286.jpg

• Sad 3

Argh! Sorry @feech thats annoying! I am disappointed with a brand as big as Anderson’s really, these could’ve been checked. 

im very happy with mine but seems theyre worth a close inspection… and good thing is sire will probs sort next run too either way as it often happens…

9 hours ago, feech said:

Yeah mine is going back to Andertons.

Several scratches on the neck, wonky cut pickguard and crack in the neck finish. If it was listed b stock i think i could accept it but yeah nah man too many little things adding up here just feels sketchy

PXL_20241018_075232175.thumb.jpg.71bf3170687570225c1b2ba7886d98c3.jpg

Whoa! That pickguard is awful; proper shonky.

• Haha 1