Why become a member? ×

Idea for bug wireless on strap.

Hi all

I use a bug type wireless transmitter and prefer to attach it to my strap via a cable rather than just plug it in to the bass.

I have a moulded block that I bought when I had a Smoothhound but wanted to have something on other straps ready. The pouch type holders that I've seen aren't really designed for the bugs.

So, I'm going to try this. A Rean NYS236 connector and a plastic P Clamp with a little nut and bolt. The bolt could be a little shorter, but it looks like it'll work.

17252809987565833966092851226488.jpg

Edited by redbandit599
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

A nut and bolt? there be chipped finishes ahoy!

It's around the back, have to be particularly flexible to pull that off 😉

It is a worthwhile point though - swapping for a plastic nut and bolt will be the Mk2 - cheers!

Edited by redbandit599

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Here you go - image.png.a791a0567eb6f3c3f3c14f4bc21ff47f.pngimage.png.9e8417f814f3ba80e6ff1d0d3c56a848.png

I didn't even know these things existed (I have two pairs of Xvive bugs, use them at every gig) and a little voice at the back of my head is saying "this defeats the very purpose of these devices".

It's OK. Why should you listen to the voices in my head when half the time I don't bother to myself?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

"this defeats the very purpose of these "

I can see your point, personally I tried just plugging straight in and they seemed to spin about and open up a bit. Plus, if I'm honest, I prefer the aesthetic of a right angle cable to the transmitter sticking out.

• Like 1

The problem with wireless bugs... is that they look pants in pictures. Have a lovely looking vintage guitar... with a bit of plastic tat hanging out of it, hence the case is quite a cool alternative.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

I didn't even know these things existed (I have two pairs of Xvive bugs, use them at every gig) and a little voice at the back of my head is saying "this defeats the very purpose of these devices".

Useful if you're not going to be changing instruments, but not so good doing changes as you either have to take the strap off and put it on the other bass or take the bug out of one pouch and put it in the other. Another alternative would be a short extension lead and stick the bug in your pocket.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

Useful if you're not going to be changing instruments, but not so good doing changes as you either have to take the strap off and put it on the other bass or take the bug out of one pouch and put it in the other. Another alternative would be a short extension lead and stick the bug in your pocket.

this is what I do - Bug or transmitter in the pocket, as I often need to swap instruments