Why become a member? ×

<at time of posting>Boss line selector clone (joyo) 30 quid on amazon!

Rob Bisby

• Rob Bisby changed the title to <at time of posting>Boss line selector clone (joyo) 30 quid on amazon!
On 04/09/2024 at 10:43, Woodinblack said:

Works well, got one last month on aliexpress for £25

Any noise issues? I found the Boss LS-2 added a little bit of noise to the signal chain, so if this doesn't then that will make it doubly interesting!

On 09/09/2024 at 15:56, Al Krow said:

If you get a chance to have a listen that would be much appreciated!

ok, so I listened. First of all on a bass rig just playing round, I didn't notice anything.

Going from Bass (Maruszczyk elwood) -> Joyo selector (battery) -> Katana Air -> good quality headphones.

There is a slight hiss. quite a way down but definitely there. Connecting a cable between a send and return, and nothing in b send and return, at what I assume is unity gain, ie, in the middle and sounds the same as level as bypass*, there is a hiss in both A and B, which goes up in volume when you turn the A or B level up (it does get a lot louder than the original). 

Its not huge, but it is there and noticeable. I would have no problem gigging with it, and I seriously doubt you would ever notice it in that situation, but if you were recording it could be an issue, or if you are then going to some high gain overdrive or something, also it could be problematic.

I am aware this is an active bass going into a wireless sender, but checking afterwards, going straight through (or even the Joyo in bypass) it is noiseless.

* bypass is noiseless, 

• Thanks 1