Why become a member? ×

Redplate BluesMachine 66 valve guitar combo - *SOLD*
£1625
Swindon

I took this in trade earlier this year, and while it is jolly nice I've come to the conclusion that I'm always going to prefer my Matchless Lightning for guitar. I've also got my eye on some other bits of kit (but it's not GAS, honestly!)

This is a hand-wired amp boasting Mercury Magnetics transformers. The original short reverb spring tank has been replaced with a long one, and the speaker is a nice old Rola Celestion G12-65. Power output ranges from about 20W to 50W depending on the output valves and configuration selected. It is designed to be the 'ultimate blues amp' but is capable of so much more. Here are just some of the options:

- Runs with a pair of 6V6, 6L6GC, KT66, or KT88 output valves

- Rear panel switches for

Pentode or Triode operation

Fixed bias or cathode bias (cathode bias only for 6V6 operation)

Voicing - 'Smooth' (local negative feedback) and pickup type

- Front panel switches for

Bright cap (3 options)

Mode (2 types each of black panel, brown panel and tweed)

- Front panel pull switches for

Shift (more gain from Gain control)

Tone stack (also foot-switchable)

Gain channel (foot-switchable)

Hi-cut x2 (on gain channel controls) to tame excess highs when winding up the gain

The amp is currently fitted with a matched pair of JJ 6L6 valves. It comes with a footswitch for Boost (bypasses tone stack) and Overdrive (brings in another preamp valve for 2 more gain stages), with a good long lead, and a new Roqsolid cover. It was PAT tested in May (hence sticker).

Negatives - it is missing its badge and there is some minor damage to the grille, just visible top and right of the speaker dust cap (probably caused by positioning a mic there).

Mike Hermans puts a BluesMachine through its paces in the video linked  below.

I am looking for £1,625 which includes delivery by me or meet-up within about an hour's drive of Swindon, Wiltshire. I'm happy to consider longer trips but I won't be entrusting it to a courier.

Trades? Wouldn't hurt to ask!

cEN7R7n.jpegX4yWv6P.jpegcrNZJ0e.jpegPnTSM9k.jpeg

Edited by JapanAxe

• JapanAxe changed the title to SOLD Redplate BluesMachine 66 valve guitar combo