Why become a member? Ɨ

Amianto alternatives?

TRBboy

Hey folks! šŸ˜Š

Ā 

I appreciate it's a fairly unique pedal, but I just wondered if there's any (cheap) alternatives to the Amianto that are capable of a similar sound? I did search, but can't find much on this.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks,Ā 

Ā 

Oli

• Like 1

Are you looking for an alternative to the Human Gear Animato and have seen the FTe Amianto? Iā€™ve only seen the Amianto as a take on the Animato, and I had one for a while so there should be a few floating around in the U.K., but if youā€™re after an alternative to either then Iā€™ll let others chime in.

Ā 

https://www.ftelettronica.com/product/amianto-bass-distortion/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Are you looking for an alternative to the Human Gear Animato and have seen the FTe Amianto? Iā€™ve only seen the Amianto as a take on the Animato, and I had one for a while so there should be a few floating around in the U.K., but if youā€™re after an alternative to either then Iā€™ll let others chime in.

Ā 

https://www.ftelettronica.com/product/amianto-bass-distortion/

Yes, sorry for the mix up šŸ¤¦ Are they actually available anywhere currently though? All the places that came up on my Google search showed 'out of stock'?

1 minute ago, TRBboy said:

Yes, sorry for the mix up šŸ¤¦ Are they actually available anywhere currently though? All the places that came up on my Google search showed 'out of stock'?

Itā€™s worth giving him an email. He sometimes works in batches and can at least let you know when the next ones are due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes with pedals like this it can be worth buying the real deal (there's one on Reverb in France for Ā£300) because you'll be able to sell it for the same if it's not for you.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ped said:

Sometimes with pedals like this it can be worth buying the real deal (there's one on Reverb in France for Ā£300) because you'll be able to sell it for the same if it's not for you.

The issue with the Animato is that, on bass, you also need something to blend in the clean signal as there's very little to no low-end, so you'd also need to get something like a Boss Line Selector to make it useable...That's why most of these clones have a blend control.

The Gromtech Aminato and the Crowella Animated are both really decent clones and they do pop up on Reverb now and then if you keep your eyes out.Ā Ā 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2024 at 15:09, bakerster135 said:

The issue with the Animato is that, on bass, you also need something to blend in the clean signal as there's very little to no low-end, so you'd also need to get something like a Boss Line Selector to make it useable...That's why most of these clones have a blend control.

The Gromtech Aminato and the Crowella Animated are both really decent clones and they do pop up on Reverb now and then if you keep your eyes out.Ā Ā 

To blend in clean signal a EHX tri mixer would work well. I use one for running effects in parallel and switching in multiple pedals with one kick.Ā