Why become a member? ×

Case queen alternatives

Kowad

Good afternoon!

I have this very morning collected a heavy, long bass. Asymmetrical, I want to say 45-46" base of headstock to furthest asymmetrical point, bit shy of 5.5 kg. 

I would not mind this being out of its case occasionally, e.g. in the front room by the amps with easy access and not strapless in its quarter-tonne atomic survival case in the hall. 

How is this easily doable? It's too asymmetrical to work on a conventional bass stand (tbf only the ones I've tried, I might be able to get it to work with some form of stand somewhere around here, initial indications are 'no'.) It's too long for the headstock stands I've seen (e.g. Hercules tap out at 42-43". Won't work.) I'm somewhat wary of a wall hanger, as I've yet to drill my walls (for hangers at least) and this feels like quite a chunk of weight to be putting on one. I also don't like the prospect of a free floating bottom? Not because of exposure / headstock weight, but because some hooning lump of a dependent will thunder into it or cause a massive gust of unexpected wind and clunk the bottom against the wall.

So, yeah. Any thoughts welcome! Picture not mine but of the very bass.

Cheers!

xhtfajneklekufvlnxrl.webp.ebad2803a41b58ed53fc25f0cbcc3cdf.webp

Edited by Kowad