Why become a member? ×

So linkin park are back!

3 hours ago, Doctor J said:

She did attend. That's the point. She says it in her statement. The real purpose of why she was there, well, we'll each believe what we want to, I suppose, but I'd recommend doing some reading on intimidatory tactics used by Scientology, just so know fully understand what you're readily dismissing as "trash".

Maybe I should have been clearer I meant the trash she did more than just turn up, she didn’t speak in his defense 

and there’s no actual proof other than an old photo about the Scientology stuff 

google it and find something that’s actually a factual thing not something made by an angered fan in last few days 

1 hour ago, joeystrange said:

I guess they realised they were missing out on all that early-2000s nostalgia money that’s flying around at the minute.

Linkin park before the announcement have 40m monthly listeners on Spotify…….double the foos they aren’t doing this for the money 

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

BTW the post you responded to was not hate by a long stretch. You seem to have started this thread looking for a fight by drawing attention to the issue in your first post and then overreacting when people pretty much expand on your first post. Why don’t you stick to writing about the music? 

I’m honestly not coming for hate, or to start fights 

as I said it’s gone toxic and to think linkin parks team knew nothing is stupid but Emily will have explained herself to the band I’m sure 

it’s not over reacting all I’ve seen today is people saying she’s friends with a rapist which isn’t true. 

Wow, this thread jumped straight in with the toxic.  Gotta love the internet, and it's not even just young people it seems. Ugh.

But, to briefly touch on that, I am sure the business Linkin Park have explored this to death and are satisfied with the outcome, it would be naive for anyone to think otherwise.

On to the music, i'm mixed on her.  I really didn't enjoy her performance of the early stuff, and asking the crowd to sing when she was obv struggling was an interesting move.  But I really like her voice when she isn't trying to imitate Chester, and the new single is ace.  Excited to hear the album!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

I suspect that had they employed a male vocalist there’d be a lot less hate floating around.

The so-called inclusive metal community isn’t actually that inclusive - it’s full of gatekeepers 

Actually disagree quite strongly with that.  I think if Chester was replaced with another male, he would have almost zero chance of ever being accepted.  She feels like more of a new singer than a replacement, I don't think a male could pull that off unless he had a totally different singing style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it's only half the band if Ive read it right. 3/6 original members in the band. 

The OG drummers parted ways and the OG guitarist isn't touring or doing live stuff is that right? 

Was excited to hear the new stuff. Could be a grower but I'm not overly keen from the live come back gig. Could possibly be bad sound or something but wasn't great. Says me, 36 and unable to play a full song without mistakes 😂😂

9 minutes ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

I suspect that had they employed a male vocalist there’d be a lot less hate floating around.

The so-called inclusive metal community isn’t actually that inclusive - it’s full of gatekeepers 

But…….

He’d have been constantly compared to Chester and found wanting?

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

But…….

He’d have been constantly compared to Chester and found wanting?

Everything I’ve seen in n socials said they should have got the guy from the tribute act (Hybrid Theory?) because he can replicate Chester.

I think they’ve found a sound replacement. They’re not trying to replace Chester, they’re starting a new era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

Everything I’ve seen in n socials said they should have got the guy from the tribute act (Hybrid Theory?) because he can replicate Chester.

I think they’ve found a sound replacement. They’re not trying to replace Chester, they’re starting a new era.

Totally agree 👍

• Like 1

I have no concept of Linkin Park, apart from the fabulous stuff they did with JZ. Mrs Rayman on the other hand is/was a massive fan, and she is far from happy with the new singer. That’s about all I know!

7 minutes ago, Rayman said:

I have no concept of Linkin Park, apart from the fabulous stuff they did with JZ. Mrs Rayman on the other hand is/was a massive fan, and she is far from happy with the new singer. That’s about all I know!

I love the Jay-Z album 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

Which is one reason why I think hiring a female singer is a good thing in principle 👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Which is one reason why I think hiring a female singer is a good thing in principle 👍

i genuinely even if a good fit a male vocal wouldnt have been right, it would either be a weird not as good copy cat, which would have been very limiting sound wise for them. Emily adds something different which is obviously what they wanted.

12 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

i genuinely even if a good fit a male vocal wouldnt have been right, it would either be a weird not as good copy cat, which would have been very limiting sound wise for them. Emily adds something different which is obviously what they wanted.

I agree, part of the magic of LP - certainly early LP - was the way the two voices sat together, and the single suggest that rule hasn't been broken, almost feels/sounds like she was always the singer

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

and there’s no actual proof other than an old photo about the Scientology stuff 

Given that she's openly gay, something Scientology decidedly is not in favour of (L Ron Hubbard believed something along the lines of homosexuality being akin to a mental illness), I'd be extremely sceptical of suggesting she's involved with it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rayman said:

I remember how angry the fans were when Bruce Dickinson took over from Paul Di'Anno :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

I agree, part of the magic of LP - certainly early LP - was the way the two voices sat together, and the single suggest that rule hasn't been broken, almost feels/sounds like she was always the singer

this is why im actually really excited by the new album, just from the harmonies they were doing they obviously work well together which as you say was always a good thing