Why become a member? ×

So linkin park are back!

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I agree, part of the magic of LP - certainly early LP - was the way the two voices sat together, and the single suggest that rule hasn't been broken, almost feels/sounds like she was always the singer

It saddens me a little to be honest, as there's certain points in that song where my mind suddenly flicks to Chester singing it :( Hybrid Theory and LP was a big part of my teen years and his death really hit me harder than expected.

But the fact it makes me feel that way means she absolutely fits, so I really am looking forward to the new stuff.  I think they've just really got to think about what old stuff they should include in the live sets going forward, as they need a lot of work for me and i'm not sure it'll ever really work well enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

It saddens me a little to be honest, as there's certain points in that song where my mind suddenly flicks to Chester singing it :( Hybrid Theory and LP was a big part of my teen years and his death really hit me harder than expected.

But the fact it makes me feel that way means she absolutely fits, so I really am looking forward to the new stuff.  I think they've just really got to think about what old stuff they should include in the live sets going forward, as they need a lot of work for me and i'm not sure it'll ever really work well enough.

Good post 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kev said:

the show was the first time seeing someone other than maybe youtube covers sing LP stuff so i get you it was weird, i do just think its an adjustment to hearing a different vocal which will be fine in time probs by the end of the tour tbh im guessing (these annouced shows btw)

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

But bloody hell, in those early days Di'Anno was a force of nature on stage 👍

My first gig, Maiden at the Manchester Apollo, with the original lineup, probably ‘80/‘81. DiAnno was my hero after that. I was gutted when he left, and those first two albums are still their best. I never did warm to Bruce. Never seen them since.

• Like 2

Lots of my friends were into Linkin Park, but I never quite got them. Heard the popular songs plenty of times though. She sounds great. Maybe the original vocal parts were in an odd range for her, but really? It sounds like she's doing a fine job. First live appearance with the band too. There's got to be some nerves with the crowd anticipation, even for a professional. The new song still has the LP vibe to me.

43 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Considering how Chester died I'm surprised the band picked a Scientologist just because of their stance on mental health and treatment. 

Strikes me as odd.

Nothing has been verified either way on this. Most popular consensus is her parents were and she was born into it, but has later rejected it.  She may have taken the bull by the horns with it, as the lyrics to the new single could literally be about Scientology.

One thing's for sure, Linkin Park would have looked into this in a hell of a lot of detail, as if she was the person some are trying to claim she is, it would destroy what's left of the band.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Either way, supporting a convicted rapist isn't a good look:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/credy50z4j1o.amp

ok so I don’t want again this thread to dissolve in to this 

but this is a badly titled click bait article, she was friends with him but not when he was convicted she clears this up with the quote they put way down the post, she attended one date, realised her friend hadn’t told the whole truth and ended there friendship

shes guilty of nothing more than showing faith in a friend……..he again is the problem. 

The people who bring this up to tear her down weren’t to keen when she was in dead Sara and they could get the money from making YouTube videos about it. 

and again to think Linkin Park don’t know this and aren’t aware is impossible they are obviously happy with Emily and know this will blow over 

will Dave grohl get the cancel treatment……I doubt it 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 15:12, fretmeister said:

Considering how Chester died I'm surprised the band picked a Scientologist just because of their stance on mental health and treatment. 

Strikes me as odd.

She’s not a Scientologist.

In that it appears that she has ‘escaped’, and from what is publicly out there about Scientology, you’re either in or you’re out, there’s no grey area there.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 10:22, MichaelDean said:

Lots of my friends were into Linkin Park, but I never quite got them. Heard the popular songs plenty of times though. She sounds great. Maybe the original vocal parts were in an odd range for her, but really? It sounds like she's doing a fine job. First live appearance with the band too. There's got to be some nerves with the crowd anticipation, even for a professional. The new song still has the LP vibe to me.

Likewise really.

The music was pretty good, but I’d had my fill of rap-metal at that point. Once LP cut down on the rapping stuff, they improved massively. 

I was quite partial to Senser and One Minute Silence back in the day though… they knew how to put on a good show. I was at the infamous One Minute Silence gig at the Garage where they encouraged the audience to trash the place, and trash it they did… 😮 

Let’s face it, the Judgment Night soundtrack and Body Count’s first album were the pinnacle of rap-metal. And those came out in the early 90s. 

The LA show sounded great from the Youtube videos ive seen, she getting more comfortable and the crowds at the show are on board

theres gonna be people who arent fans and that cool but the whole its chesters band thing is becoming almost a comedy post on videos at this point, along with the Emily cant sing ones, as its the dumbest comment to say that she can clearly sing very well! in time no one will care shes singing early LP a bit differently, shes not desrepecting anything by singing it in a higher key.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 13:25, Woodinblack said:

Well, quite rightly, they never got anywhere after that did they? :D

I had to give myself a massive palm slap or 2 years ago, as I too never gave Bruce a chance ..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😀

I saw quite a few gigs with dianno back in the day , but over the years lost a lot of respect for him .  I missed the powerslave  tour, but redeemed myself by purchasing somewhere in time and going on the various tours over the years . FWIW , I think that Piece of mind is their best album . I can't listen to the dianno stuff now , which may seem odd . 
As for linlkin park, not my bag . 

On 08/09/2024 at 14:04, Kev said:

I am sure the business Linkin Park have explored this to death and are satisfied with the outcome, it would be naive for anyone to think otherwise.

Or, to take a contrary view, how many people on here know Billy Sheehan is a Scientologist? How many of the bands he plays with do?

Point being with Linkin Park it's entirely possible they didn't know, but contracts have been signed and money spent on recordings. As Emily has not done anything illegal or broken the contracts, it's damage limitation.

Yeah, I know Billy is a Scientologist . Met him years ago in Wapping bass centre . Top man ! 

Nearly forgot to mention while I'm here ; back in the '90s a friend of mine was shall we say ' disillusioned '.

He was unsure what to way to progress in terms of work etc . He took up acting and appeared as an extra in crocodile shoes, the bill etc . It made him a bit judgemental and annoying . 
Anyway , we lost touch and I found out from anothrr friend that he was in a Scientology ' place' ( don't know where/ how) for approx 15 years . He got out .so I heard . Now with 2 kids and a single dad apparently . 

I remember back in the '80s when I used to walk past their offices in Goodge Street . Always accosting me, and trying to give me a book . Not for me as a then 18 year old ...

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Or, to take a contrary view, how many people on here know Billy Sheehan is a Scientologist? How many of the bands he plays with do?

Point being with Linkin Park it's entirely possible they didn't know, but contracts have been signed and money spent on recordings. As Emily has not done anything illegal or broken the contracts, it's damage limitation.

To be fair, Billy Sheehan didn't replace someone who committed suicide following mental illness, which is a big factor here, given scientologist beliefs.  Which is why Im sure they would have made ABSOLUTELY sure she wasn't part of that cult.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kev said:

To be fair, Billy Sheehan didn't replace someone who committed suicide following mental illness, which is a big factor here, given scientologist beliefs.  Which is why Im sure they would have made ABSOLUTELY sure she wasn't part of that cult.

I get that but as has been said online if not her, Emily is openly gay and discusses mental heath in a lot of the Dead Sara stuff……..also from what I can see online is her parents are but she’s not said anything more….

clearly doesn’t align with there values so I don’t really see why fans are pushing it tbh 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

I get that but as has been said online if not her, Emily is openly gay and discusses mental heath in a lot of the Dead Sara stuff……..also from what I can see online is her parents are but she’s not said anything more….

clearly doesn’t align with there values so I don’t really see why fans are pushing it tbh 

Yup.

And her not openly speaking out/refuting it is in line with what you'd expect as well, given how they appear to treat deserters... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Because she still hasn't come out and denounced the cult that is Scientology - that's why.