Why become a member? ×

Is the Zoom B1 Four the Best Bass Tuner?

Chienmortbb

I have used several pedal board and clip on tuners and far and away the best for use on stage is the Zoom B1Four’s. It has two ways of showing the correct tuning but the LEDS are so fast and only need a glance. 

I realise this last night when I did a stripped brown rig, leaving my B2 Four at home and using the B1 Four on batteries. Easy to see even with out my glasses and so fast. At the price it is worth it for the tuner alone. 

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 2

• Chienmortbb changed the title to Is the Zoom B1 Four the Best Bass Tuner?
18 minutes ago, mouthmw said:

Erm, no? Hey if it works for you, it works. But best? Let's be real here. If you really want the best, the fastest and the most accurate, there's only one answer - Turbo Tuner ST-300.

Come one, what about the Infinity Warp XXX-69++ Super Tune?

• Haha 3

I mean ideally I would like a guitar tech where I just pass them my bass and they pass me back one in tune, but it might be a bit odd when playing at church on a Sunday morning, so anything will probably work right? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I mean ideally I would like a guitar tech where I just pass them my bass and they pass me back one in tune, but it might be a bit odd when playing at church on a Sunday morning, so anything will probably work right? 

...I tune the worship leaders guitar on a Sunday morning - if it goes out he turns around and hands it to me - I just feel a bit hard-done-by when he stamps on my foot before and after!

In other news I use the TU-3S which was a minor upgrade to the TU-3 but saves a bit of pedal board space given I have a mute on my preamp.

• Sad 1

On 08/09/2024 at 11:44, Chienmortbb said:

I have used several pedal board and clip on tuners and far and away the best for use on stage is the Zoom B1Four’s. It has two ways of showing the correct tuning but the LEDS are so fast and only need a glance. 

I realise this last night when I did a stripped brown rig, leaving my B2 Four at home and using the B1 Four on batteries. Easy to see even with out my glasses and so fast. At the price it is worth it for the tuner alone. 

I have to say that IME the B1Four tuner is the mutts nuts!

I tend to use a HX Stomp these days and find its tuner is not so good :(

Sam x

• Like 1

On 11/09/2024 at 11:45, mouthmw said:

Erm, no? Hey if it works for you, it works. But best? Let's be real here. If you really want the best, the fastest and the most accurate, there's only one answer - Turbo Tuner ST-300.

The B1 Four is instant. I am impressed if the Turbo Tuner is faster.

On 11/09/2024 at 12:50, LukeFRC said:

I have promised this to the rhythm guitarist in our band - when we make it, I'm hiring a guy who just follows us around, tuning our guitars. That includes church on Sundays.  

• Haha 2

On 17/09/2024 at 23:39, barfly said:

Peterson Strobostomp is great and it can double as a bludgeon when your guitarist turns on you. 

I've got the Mini version, which is great. In my experience, Strobe tuners are better at giving you a sense of how quickly I'm tuning, not just how far off the tuning is, which helps me avoid overshooting.

13 hours ago, Rosie C said:

I have promised this to the rhythm guitarist in our band - when we make it, I'm hiring a guy who just follows us around, tuning our guitars. That includes church on Sundays.  

Is this a little luxury you want for yourself and bandmates, or are you being a bit passive-aggressive to your rhythm guitarist?

• Haha 1