Why become a member? ×

**ON HOLD** Hohner Jack Bass ll B Headless Passive Bass Old Status Hot Wire Strings. - *SOLD*
£225
North Staffordshire

dodgnofski

In nice condition from the early 90’s - sounds really good and plays really well. Solid Maple Body & bolt on maple neck (so that it can always be shimmed if necessary unlike the through neck version) + Indian Rosewood fingerboard, which has been treated with Fender Custom Shop oil. There are just  a few light marks from normal use which look as they would polish out.

Passive operation, so no pesky battery to worry about and no pre amp which I think can be temperamental? 

Licensed by Steinberger Bridge which seems to hold tune forever & the tuners turn freely.

Although this is a 34” long scale Bass with a double octave neck, it feels more like a 32” medium scale Bass when playing - so great for noodling & limited spaces. It also has zero neck dive.

Weight is a shoulder friendly 3.7Kg, or 8.15lbs in ‘old money’

Truss Rod is holding the action well and the action at the 12th fret is 1.5mm An even lower action may be possible if you are experienced in truss rod adjustment & lubrication etc as they always seem to be stiff on these basses. When fitted with my Status Bkack Nylon coated flatwounds which have less tension, the action measured just 1mm at the twelfth fret.

Currently sporting an old set of Status Hot Wire medium? gauge round wound strings that sound great - l love ‘old’ strings.

If you are too far away to collect in person, l can  post to the U.K. Mainland only - sorry, via Parcelforce ExpressAM which should cost between £15.00 & £20.00 including insurance provided via Secursus.

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

Edited by dodgnofski
  • Like 9

I don't know about the reliability of the preamps, but the battery covers on the active ones seem to fall off if you look at the things cross-eyed...  obviously not an issue on this one. 

GLWYS!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alyctes said:

I don't know about the reliability of the preamps, but the battery covers on the active ones seem to fall off if you look at the things cross-eyed...  obviously not an issue on this one. 

GLWYS!

The preamps have a bit of a reputation, but some of it is just the red LED fails; I bought one as faulty and it turned out it worked fine (but the LED was very dim).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prowla said:

The preamps have a bit of a reputation, but some of it is just the red LED fails; I bought one as faulty and it turned out it worked fine (but the LED was very dim).

Ah OK.  That makes sense given the date; LEDs were still a bit flaky then, IIRC.

• Like 1

• dodgnofski changed the title to **SOLD** Hohner Jack Bass ll B Headless Passive Bass Old Status Hot Wire Strings.