Why become a member? ×

Ian King Rig Rundown (from the pit on "Hamilton" at London's Victoria Palace Theatre).

fretmeister

On 11/09/2024 at 18:52, fretmeister said:

I think he’s using them to check intonation.

Very clever idea.

Quite a relief to discover that it's not just amateurs like me who do that! As Ian suggests, IK for Pizz but a lot more useful for Arco, but for either a great way of checking especially on noisy stages 

15 hours ago, velvetkevorkian said:

That OW does sounds incredible (although you get the feeling he could probably play some rubber bands nailed to a 2x4 and still sound great)

Yes, while the sudden urge to nip down to the shops to pick up some Barts and an Overwater is understandable, I suspect that brain and fingers are the real active ingredients for the tone and technique :)

• Thanks 1

Great video, I loved the insights, the stand-in keyboardist playing havoc with the bass octaves was classic :) 

Great lesson in monitoring DB also, give yourself mostly the simple less toneful signal so that you can hear very precisely what you're doing and send more of the complex but nicer signal to the audience 👍

• Thanks 1