Why become a member? ×

1976 Precision - All original REDUCED £2500
£2750
Morecambe

Dannygno123

All original 1976 Fender Precision bass.

Selling as I have my eye on a sunburst ‘74 and sadly I’m not allowed to have both! 
This bass has clearly been well played as you can see by the wear. Loads of character and plays great. 
Feel free to ask any questions. I can provide more pictures if required. 

Comes with Hiscox hard case. 

Open to offers.

IMG_9791.jpeg

IMG_9790.jpeg

IMG_9789.jpeg

IMG_9788.jpeg

IMG_9787.jpeg

IMG_9786.jpeg

IMG_9785.jpeg

Edited by Dannygno123
Price change
  • Like 17

Rather than "well played as you can see by the wear" I'd describe this as "matured with age".

Lovely precision, I was in Morecombe yesterday dropping the car off for a service and MOT at the Seat dealer.

Do you want to swap it for a stroppy 17.9 year old daughter going on 25? Some cash as well to balance it out,  I can only afford £500 though

Rob

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Rather than "well played as you can see by the wear" I'd describe this as "matured with age".

Lovely precision, I was in Morecombe yesterday dropping the car off for a service and MOT at the Seat dealer.

Do you want to swap it for a stroppy 17.9 year old daughter going on 25? Some cash as well to balance it out,  I can only afford £500 though

Rob

Haha! I have my hands full with two boys 6yo and 4yo 🤣 but thanks for the offer. One problem with living in Morecambe is having Promenade Music pretty much at the end of my street. There’s always something in there I want! 

Yep, I know Promenade Music well. Not brought much from them recently though. I sometime park the car near there and take the dog for walk along the sea front. 

If I upped the cash to a £1000 would you take her?  Best I can do 😊

Would love the precision but got quite a lot of bills to pay this year. Two new shock absorbers for a start. Not a cheap service for the car. 

Great looking bass, GLWTS.

It's interesting how little wear there is on the body for an instrument that's coming on for fifty years old, when you compare it to a modern 'lightly reliced' bass. I think the relic guys go way too far for any kind of realism.

@JoeEvans 

I agree, many "relicers" (is that even a word?) seem to think unless they have the Black and Decker sander with a #80 grit pad, they are doing it wrong. This bass looks great, it's got some wear, but it doesn't look abused. I love the patina on the headstock and the tuners. Nothing wrong with that and making it like new or trashing to make it look older would be wrong. This a great looking guitar that isn't a showroom queen but a proper working bass and its all the better for it.

Rob

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JoeEvans said:

It's interesting how little wear there is on the body for an instrument that's coming on for fifty years old, when you compare it to a modern 'lightly reliced' bass. I think the relic guys go way too far for any kind of realism.

Thanks Joe,

You make a good point, I’ve never really thought about that. There’s plenty of dings on it but generally when you think of a old/relic you expect missing paint 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeEvans said:

The modern relic finishes are trying to emulate the old nitro wear of the ore-CBS and early CBS instruments, which was often quite consistent between instruments. Wear on poly really does vary instrument to instrument, and let's face it, Fender weren't exactly the promised land of QC in the 70's, so some instruments probably got two or three times more poly than others :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Promenade is on my patch too - well when I’m working in Morecambe. Great looking bass. There is something very cool about a black and maple Precision.  Unfortunately however (or fortunately for my wallet) I can’t play long scale basses at the moment and will have to make do with my ‘76 Musicmaster. GLWTS

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 16:37, ped said:

Go on, someone ask how heavy it is 😄 (Looks awesome BTW)

My '76 is a proper boat anchor weighing in at 10lbs, but OMG, it sounds SO good! It doesn't need an amp to deliver heft! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dannygno123 said:

I'm going to have to go home and weigh it now arent I? 🤣

lol, sorry! Mine is a heavy and dense Northern Ash body though, well known for being akin to Thor's Mjölnir (I had to look that up lol..) 

• Dannygno123 changed the title to 1976 Precision - All original REDUCED £2500
  • 3 weeks later...