Why become a member? ×

Fender Blu Detiger sig Jazz

basshead56

Wow, that's posh! I love the bound and dotted fingerboard and the sparkle finish, but I'm not a fan of all the chrome. It's a bit too much for me :$

It sounds great though, in her video! The pickguard looks almost black in some shots, that might actually suit it better to my liking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Wow, that's posh! I love the bound and dotted fingerboard and the sparkle finish, but I'm not a fan of all the chrome. It's a bit too much for me :$

It sounds great though, in her video! The pickguard looks almost black in some shots, that might actually suit it better to my liking. 

Yea I thought the same thing about the pickguard... Maybe a clear perspex one would look good! I think the chrome would pick up lots of finger prints and you'd be forever cleaning it. 

Edited by Bobo_08

4 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

Yea I thought the same thing about the pickguard... Maybe a clear perspex one would look good! I think the chrome would pick up lots of finger prints and you'd be forever cleaning it. 

I have a 77 Precision in blue that has a mirror pg on it and never found it to be all that bad for fingerprints, but I guess everyone plays differently so it could well be an issue for some.

19 hours ago, cetera said:

Never heard of her. I love it when press releases put things like 'taking the music world by storm'.... 🤣

Ditto. I did see something on SBL about her, but totally ignored it, like I do with a lot of their content. 

I’m guessing that if she looked like Bella Emberg (Google it), then nobody would give a monkeys who she was. 

The bass isn’t my bag aesthetically, but I’m an old man who likes Thunderbirds, so what do I know about any of it.

• Like 3

Some people don't like the high price for an MIM, but wasn't the Milky Way MIM Jazz bass $1,500?

$1,500 or $1,600 is what people should expect to pay for MIM signature basses, whether it's Blu DeTiger, Mono Neon, Mikey Way, Mike Kerr, Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Mack Weakly or any of the big-name bassists of today.
Other than that, both basses look better than anything you can put together on the Fender KCS.
And let's not forget, they didn't add $100 to $150 to the price of the new Player series basses, so this new Jazz bass isn't exactly a money grab.

Edited by jd56hawk

On 12/09/2024 at 15:34, cetera said:

Never heard of her. I love it when press releases put things like 'taking the music world by storm'.... 🤣

Nice looking bass though....!

I've been following Blu for a long while, a good few years. We were asked what upcoming bassists should get a Bass Player Magazine feature way back and Blu got a front cover piece, deservingly.  Other than being a great song writer for her genre, Blu definitely knows how to craft an inspired bass line, citing James Jamerson and other calssic bassists as an influence. So, gets my vote. I'd like a nice jazz bass and this one would be quite close to my penchant for shiny finishes ha ha!! 

• Like 3

On 12/09/2024 at 17:00, Beedster said:

Humbucker is VERY close to bridge?

I hope it straddles 60/70s spacing! I'd dump a pair of coils in and switch between the two!

That's gorgeous. never heard of Ms DeTiger before but she has superb taste in basses.

I'm only glad her taste doesn't extend to maple/blocks (blue sparkly blocks for preference) or I would be placing an order right now. As it is I'll cross my fingers for a cheapo Squier version in a year or two.

Haven't heard of her before, seems a solid player, signature model worthy?  Not sure.

Looked her up and found out two things, one of which was a bit of an "ohhh" moment, and the other was shock.

1. She's a TikTok star, one of those who made Covid their career boost, so fair enough.  

2. That isn't a stage name, she's actually called that :D 

The bass sounds nice enough, love a sparkle finish!

On 12/09/2024 at 10:57, basshead56 said:

NGL, I absolutely love the look and sounds of this thing. Yeah it's a tad disco but dayum 😍😍

https://www.fender.com/en-US/electric-basses/jazz-bass/limited-player-plus-x-blu-detiger-jazz-bass/0149410376.html

Apart from saving my 52 year old shoulder, what will chambered ash bring to the party

5 hours ago, digestive72 said:

Apart from saving my 52 year old shoulder, what will chambered ash bring to the party

I think it's more a case of leaving some things at home, rather than bring them to the party - namely weight.

Matt Freeman has a new touring Precision bass that he had Fender knock together for him (based on an American Pro II) and it too has a chambered body to add resonance and remove weight.

Also, not 100% sure, but I thought I read that Keanu Reeves has a chambered body on a couple of his P basses too.