Why become a member? ×

Stolen van and drum kit from Walsall

jezzaboy

One of the guys local to me had their van and drum kit stolen from the Premier Inn in Walsall. He plays for the Bay City Rollers and the kit has a tartan design so if any of you guys down that way can spread the word it would be appreciated. This is the facebook post. Thanks

URGENT - TO ALL DRUMMERS

Our Head of Music Thomas Jamie McGrory has had his drums stolen from the Premier Inn in Walsall. The van has gone too, it is a white crewvan. He plays for the Bay City Rollers and is currently on tour. The drumkit is hand painted with a tartan design and is the only one of its kind in the world.

I don’t need to tell you he is devastated. If you hear or see anything please phone the police.

Words fail me, I just feel sick because I know how much he loved this drum kit.

DRUMMERS OF WORLD PLEASE SHARE and keep a look out - Thank You, Tommy

459480288_1319362615911770_9034366219727967999_n.thumb.jpg.a99d032de8f0e42e2cf5c9fd5036bc55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to hear. Walsall’s only a couple of miles from me. I’m not gigging these days and there’s nowt by way of a scene as such now, unfortunately. There’s both a Cash Converter and Cash Generator and a music shop (TR Music) in the town centre though. Might be worth him reaching out to them to keep their eyes open…

• Like 1

I went to school in Walsall and I remember seeing Medicine Head at the George Hotel in Walsall in about 1973. And also there was a regular jazz night at the pub near St. Matthews Church. But other than that, for bands it was Wolverhampton or Brum. Same for music shops too, I don't recall any being in town.

Hope the kit turns up, it looks amazing.

• Like 1